Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Who is stressed out the way they look?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 30 Replies

Hi, everybody. No matter how hard you think, don't ya just hate the fact that you want to lose weight but don't do anything about it. Or you do but it's not enough cause you don't have time to. Cause the time you do have to your self, you just want to relax not workout. So, I set up a schedule on how many times a week and how long. Once you get started and you're almost on your second week, then it's gets easier and you're feeling more energetic to workout more then before. So, after a month and I'm feeling great. I have only notice some progress. But I know I can't stop now cause I want this so bad, so I can't give up.... Then I injured my knee in one of my workouts. So, I've been laided up and had to give exercising a rest cause I had to get surgery. So, now that it's been about 3 months now and I have been re thinking about what I eat without going on a diet. So, with no bread and no pasta... It is killing me cause I love to eat both. But I am so proud that I have been without for over a month now. Now I want to get back on my exercising schedule but this time I'm going to take it nice and easy. It sucks cause I've been laid up this whole summer and now with the cold weather on it's way. I'm just going to have to prove everyone wrong. Yes you do gain weight in the winter and lose more towards the summer weather. But I plan to change all that! What do you ladies do to workout? what works best for you?

by on Sep. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Sep. 23, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I have a bad back & bad knees, so working out isn't much of an option for me and walking ... well, I can't walk much without hurting.  It's a vicious circle for me.  I just do the best I can with what I have.

zombieskayer
by Member on Sep. 23, 2013 at 6:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Diets aren't worth it. What you need is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. You shouldn't have to give up all bread and pasta. ITs called moderation. Learn what your calorie intake should be. Stay below it. Make sure you at least eat over 1,000 calories or you body will go into starvation mode. I'm dead serious diet are really not a worth it. I've made a lifestyle change. I still eat my carbs and sometimes I indulge in a serving of icecream and you know what? I have lost 18 weeks in a row! I have yet to maintain or gain weight. You can't diet because you diet then when you hit your goal weight its bye bye diet and you gain it all back! I strength train twice a week and I run a mile on Fridays and Sundays. I'm telling you what I'm doing it works, and it feels good. 

MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Sep. 23, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I love to bike ride

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I recently found an activity that I actually like, I was eating better and losing weight then I hurt my groin muscle so I haven't been able to go back for few weeks.  then I hurt my back, hopefully I can go back tomorrow, I missit so much!

Laylasmom25
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Im trying to go on a diet and I tryed the no carbs daiet and I just couldnt do it !!! It was so hard !!! I like my breads and pasta so much !!! Do you walk any ??

mommaJT
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Wow, I sorry to hear about back and knees. And that's what I'm afraid of. I injured my back and right ankle years ago. And I had to get another doctor for another health issues and she's going to take a look at my other injures. FINALLY but I'm really scared of what she might tell me. That's another reason I would like to get back into shape... But I wish that wasn't your case and I wish you luck!

Quoting dingysfamily:

I have a bad back & bad knees, so working out isn't much of an option for me and walking ... well, I can't walk much without hurting.  It's a vicious circle for me.  I just do the best I can with what I have.

mommaJT
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Thank for the tip :). Not everybody diet works for everybody but it's worth the try!

Quoting zombieskayer:

Diets aren't worth it. What you need is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. You shouldn't have to give up all bread and pasta. ITs called moderation. Learn what your calorie intake should be. Stay below it. Make sure you at least eat over 1,000 calories or you body will go into starvation mode. I'm dead serious diet are really not a worth it. I've made a lifestyle change. I still eat my carbs and sometimes I indulge in a serving of icecream and you know what? I have lost 18 weeks in a row! I have yet to maintain or gain weight. You can't diet because you diet then when you hit your goal weight its bye bye diet and you gain it all back! I strength train twice a week and I run a mile on Fridays and Sundays. I'm telling you what I'm doing it works, and it feels good. 

mommaJT
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:18 PM

See that's what I miss. I should be able to get back on mine but couldn't for a while cause of my knee. And it's great exercise!

Quoting momofsixangels:

I love to bike ride

mommaJT
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I hope you do too! And good luck to you :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I recently found an activity that I actually like, I was eating better and losing weight then I hurt my groin muscle so I haven't been able to go back for few weeks.  then I hurt my back, hopefully I can go back tomorrow, I missit so much!

mommaJT
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I walk some but I should walk more since I can do a lot more then I have in months. Wasn't it hard to prepare meals without bread and pasta?? I'm having a hard time trying to come up with dinners that the whole family will eat without trying to break the bank. And yes it sucks cause I love them too.

Quoting Laylasmom25:

Im trying to go on a diet and I tryed the no carbs daiet and I just couldnt do it !!! It was so hard !!! I like my breads and pasta so much !!! Do you walk any ??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN