Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I feel like wives have completely lost their rights..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

My husband just got a credit card, I am an authorized user on the account. He stutters real bad so he used to online chat to set up his pin online. They told him he would have to call to set it up, which he cannot do because he can hardly talk.. SO he asked if his wife (me) could call and set it up for him, and they said yes. 

So I called, gave them all of the information they needed and they apolologized and said they would need to speak to him. I told them he could not speak, and that I was an authorized user on the account for that reason, to take care of these things for him. 

Still, they will not allow me to set this up for him. 

I am so pissed. What kind of fucked up world do we live in when my stuttering husband cant have assistance from his own wife in these kind of matters! 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PartyGalAnne
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:00 AM
4 moms liked this

So you put him on the phone.

They'll figure it out in about 10 seconds.

mollymae09
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:10 AM
4 moms liked this
In a world where that could EASILY be faked. Seriously, do you realize how big identity theft is?! Take it as a good sign. They want to protect your husbands finances. Just let him speak with them. It will just be a quick 'I just need to check that so and so is an authorized person on your account.'

If he can't respond to that without having issues, they'll hear it and understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannyLouisiany
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 1:15 AM
that's extremely melodramatic & you seem to be attempting to turn it into something it IS NOT. good grief.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:26 AM
1 mom liked this
I never have to speak to a person. It is all done pushing buttons on a phone. Never heard of having to talk to a person. Pur bank pin was done pushing buttons too.
2Sparrows4ever
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Just let him authorize, I know it's a PITA but then there will be no more problems
cjsmom1
by Silver Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM
I know it's a pain, but it really is a good thing. At least you know your personal information won't be given out to anyone that calls.
lovemymini
by Member on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
It's for fraud protection, not that a wife is loosing her rights. I would rather that than someone steal your identity.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

MIA0223
by Michelle on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Its a security issue.
Just out him on the phone. I usually do this type of thing for dh because he has a thick accent and it is easier to understand me. But they make do when they need to talk to him just fine.
I am sure they will understand your dh too.
My dh has a stutter too, but only when he speaks his first language. In English there is only an accent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to be put on as a primary user too.  We went thru that shit too.  The credit card company wouldn't talk to me and whenever I made a purchase with the card over a few hundred dollars, it would get flagged and sometimes not even go thru!  The credit card company had to talk to my husband to get me as a primary user.  It drove me crazy!

sunflower37
by on Sep. 25, 2013 at 8:57 AM

This is terrible they could let you set up the credit card account for him. There not a number when you call that you can press to speak to a customer representative?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN