Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Spin off on the naughty leopard post.

Posted by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this

Maybe its because I am in a different country and we use different words sometimes but I was reading the post with the cute kids costume that was named "naughty Leapard"

I noticed almost every mother was saying they should change the name because it is not appropriate. It could have been where the costume was made. 

In Australia to call a child a "naughty child" isnt sexual, or maybe its the fact that its a leapard? But unless your into animals I dont think you sexualise an animal either. I'm thinking the naughty was meant like cheeky. Do you look at the word "Naughty" like a sexual word? 

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justbereal
by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:51 PM
That was Exactly my response. It's Adults assuming it means a sexual naughty instead of another description . :)
JulietAngel89
by Member on Sep. 26, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I was kind of shocked. 

I think a lot of people naturally assume sexxual things 

Quoting justbereal:

That was Exactly my response. It's Adults assuming it means a sexual naughty instead of another description . :)

laparla
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Stupid people with dirty minds projecting their own fantasies onto everything.  Just like people who libel those of us parents who spank our children as deviants.

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Santa claus is coming to town, he's going to find out who's NAUGHTY or nice.. Naughty is NOT a bad word to call a child. And I think its better than calling a child flat out bad. BUT I did see that article on yahoo last night with the costume pic and it WAS NOT meant in that way, it WAS sexual. The costume was lacey and low cut .. and I think thats a disgrace to put that label on a child like that. Ew.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom always says is not the word, is how you interpret it.

And also, if naughty is sexual then why does Santa have the naught kids and good kids list, he would be a child creep according to that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM
I kind of thought "naughty leopard" on that probably just meant she was a leopard with an attitude....
onethentwins
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I'm English so absolutely not. I'd often tell my kids they were being naughty, as in misbehaved, and to stop being naughty. I always wondered why my MIL thought that was so amusing, I guess she thinks of it as sexual. 

onethentwins
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I kind of thought "naughty leopard" on that probably just meant she was a leopard with an attitude....

Excellent point! lol

supercarp
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Yes, if you are talking about an adult. No for a child. But the costume had nothing on it that was leopardlike. Even the ears were wrong.

EmilysMom2010
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I thought it was fine. Considering the costume was cute. And not inappropriate at all.
I looked at her like a naughty little girl. Not a sexual naughty. Smh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN