Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Please make your children finish what they start

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 6 Replies

My husband and I have watched his cousin quit everything he starts: jobs, marriage, family. His parents never made him finish anything that he started. Letting kids quit something when the going gets tough cripples them for life. Teaching children to fight through adversity is one of the most important life skills you can teach a child. 

by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Never let my kids quit till the season, year was over.
Mamaof411
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a rule at our house you can not quit or drop out till season is over.

So for example scouts.. If we sign up.. They have to finish the year. the next year they don't have to do it again
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Yup...I agree. I did that with my kids. Everytime they didnt like something after joining.....flute....baseball....etc....the rule was that they had to complete the year, the others in the group were relying on the.
Fields456
by Bronze Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 5:18 PM

if my kids start something they finish the season or year out. if they dont like it they dont have to do it again

GertieK
by Silver Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Amen sister! Seeing something through to the end is extremely important. I am glad to see the responses so far... They are spot on. Good job moms! We called it "stick-to-it-ness" when we were raising our four. They carried it into their adult lives. A great quality to have as adults. Now they are applying the same rule with their kids, mainly because they see the value of the quality.
MSJAP2010
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM
My stepdaughter had joined a girl scout group that her mother let her quit a few months into it because she wasn't center of attention. I make my kids finish what they started
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)