Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What smells made you sick when you were pregnant?

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM
  • 78 Replies
With my first it was apple cinnamon anything. With my second it was garlic, onions, inside my freezer and SO for some reason. I washed our sheets everyday because of the scent he left behind on the bed and his pillow. He isn't a stinky person and has good hygiene so not sure what was going on there. What smells did you hate while pregnant?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:14 AM
None. Had no morning sickness with either pregnancy.
Saharra
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Chicken.... Anything. Even talking about it made me queasy :) I didnt have any problems with the second though.
Brehi
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Coffee
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Gasoline.  I commuted 60 miles a day for work, so I went through some gas.  My husband had to fill my tank for 9 months because the smell made me hurl.

Avasmommy12
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:58 PM

cooking hamburger and omg glade light show air fresheners..... ewwww some smells from that still make me gag lol

Heather
romalove
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I had trouble getting a toothbrush near my face, I would start to brush and gag like crazy, didn't matter what kind of paste I used or even none at all.

I couldn't walk down the meat or frozen sections of the supermarket, it would turn my stomach.

cheetah90210
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Everything im miserable just like i was last time
kcangel63
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Cigarette smoke, sour cream & onion chips, cooked onions (with baby 2)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Food cooking. I had to make everything in the microwave!

Scent is actually one of the major reasons married couples have problems after kids. Apparently, your bodily chemistry changes after having children; before, you're generally attracted to men who are genetically diverse from you by scent, supposedly to create the best chance of having viable offspring, and after birth your SO's scent can become unappealing to you because your body is looking more for the scent of a male more genetically similar to help RAISE the kids... Or something. Been a while since I read about it.

Anyways, my point is, the scent thing is apparently fairly common.
momofsunshine77
by Bronze Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM

burger king and still does to this day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)