Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What smells made you sick when you were pregnant?

With my first it was apple cinnamon anything. With my second it was garlic, onions, inside my freezer and SO for some reason. I washed our sheets everyday because of the scent he left behind on the bed and his pillow. He isn't a stinky person and has good hygiene so not sure what was going on there. What smells did you hate while pregnant?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (21-30):
jessi2girls
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM

mint set me off the worst with my first!! it was aweful.. I even had to switch to childrens flavored toothpaste just to brush my teeth, or I'd just throw right up. 

orchardmoma
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Bacon, anything frying so maybe the oil??? Who knows lol! Deodorant also

cindilou13
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

processed american cheese in any form-smell or taste of it, sometimes just the sight of it was enough to cause me to throw up when I was pregnant.  To this day I still get the funny looks because I order my mcmuffin or burger or whatever without cheese.  I haven't thrown up with it since being pregnant but if they forget and leave it on I can't eat it. 

eevers55
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Eggs. And raw meat. Once it was cooked, I was fine. Except with ground beef, both raw and then cooked started getting gross. My husband used to have to cut up the meats for suppers so I wouldn't get sick on supper lol.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:56 AM
A lot of smells got to me but the big was sour cream and onion chips or dip it still makes me a little queasy to this day I use to them but can't even get near it now
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Pancakes & scrambled eggs. I still can't eat pancakes & my oldest is almost 23 years old.
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Everything! Seriously....I worked as a waitress and literally everything made me sick. I had a hard time serving to say the least! LOL

cbk_mom3
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Oddly enough, it was the bread baking at Subway. LOL. We'd go in there, I'd smell the bread, and head for the bathroom every single time. And, I LOVE their sandwiches. So, finally DH just went in. Once I had the baby, I was fine.

WifeyandMom71
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM

dust

sfgh82
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Chinese. Food. Was. The worst.  Anything greasy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)