Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What smells made you sick when you were pregnant?

With my first it was apple cinnamon anything. With my second it was garlic, onions, inside my freezer and SO for some reason. I washed our sheets everyday because of the scent he left behind on the bed and his pillow. He isn't a stinky person and has good hygiene so not sure what was going on there. What smells did you hate while pregnant?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (31-40):
marleasmommy91
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM

First pregnancy, it was anything grilled and this pregnancy it has been the smell of dogs... lol

CafeMom Tickers
Marge2624
by Marge on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I worked with a guy who always wore Old Spice and being near him would make me run for the rest room every time!!

smorgan865
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I didn't have morning sickness but these things just turned my stomach:

Turkey
Coffee
cooking ground beef

BraydensMama163
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Fast food joints. Bleh. Also hate the smell of meat when it first starts cooking I could gag just thinking about it.
my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM
The smell of eggs cooking.
motherslove82
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Hot dogs, ketchup, broccoli, almost every raw meat (I'm still not wild about that smell). When it was really bad, any cooking food would make me nauseous.
jaylonsmommy26
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Food cooking. I had to make everything in the microwave!

Scent is actually one of the major reasons married couples have problems after kids. Apparently, your bodily chemistry changes after having children; before, you're generally attracted to men who are genetically diverse from you by scent, supposedly to create the best chance of having viable offspring, and after birth your SO's scent can become unappealing to you because your body is looking more for the scent of a male more genetically similar to help RAISE the kids... Or something. Been a while since I read about it.

Anyways, my point is, the scent thing is apparently fairly common.

That is very interesting and actually makes sense :) Thanks for sharing
CafeMom Tickers
dubolis
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Chicken and kettle corn. I had my "baby" 9 years ago and it wasn't until last year that I was able to eat kettle corn again.

hot_coco
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:36 PM
OMG... CIGARETTS...!!! Its bad enough I already hate the smell of cigarettes, never liked it N never ever had the desire to smoke one... But while I'm pregnant its like smelling something toxic, which it is... N funny thing is, is dat evrywhere I turn sumone is lighting one up...
jmp1279
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:37 PM

cigarettes for both pregnancies

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)