Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What smells made you sick when you were pregnant?

With my first it was apple cinnamon anything. With my second it was garlic, onions, inside my freezer and SO for some reason. I washed our sheets everyday because of the scent he left behind on the bed and his pillow. He isn't a stinky person and has good hygiene so not sure what was going on there. What smells did you hate while pregnant?
CafeMom Tickers
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Replies (41-50):
RaniNY
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this
OMG! Me too, with the meat! Towards the end of my pregnancy, I could only buy things in the front of the aisle. If I got halfway back, I had to turn and run out from the smell! Even cooked meat grossed me out. I was a vegetarian for years after that and dd refused all meat until she got to school and they gave her franks and beans. She had no idea it was meat. She still rarely eats meat, and rarely chicken!
I thought I was the only one!

Quoting romalove:

I had trouble getting a toothbrush near my face, I would start to brush and gag like crazy, didn't matter what kind of paste I used or even none at all.

I couldn't walk down the meat or frozen sections of the supermarket, it would turn my stomach.

Rampgirl04
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:13 AM

If the bathroom smelled of Urine or the Bf didn't spray after taking a dump or even after I went. This was how I got sick when I was pregnant with my son. With my Oldest when I was pregnant with her, it wasn't smells it just kinda  came on whenever and that is also what happened when I was pregnant with my second Child. My son was my last one which is the one where those nasty smells would get me sick.

throwing up

anonymous12308
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:17 AM
First it was coffee and pizza, second was people's breath even if they just brushed I could still smell everything, and nothing with my third.
Johlsh
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:21 AM
browning meat, onion, garlic, bacon, fridge smell (ours is clean, but for sure reason it still smells to me) pretty much everyone's breath (my dh's especially), lake water!!!
Tricia76
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:59 AM

This

Quoting Anonymous:

None. Had no morning sickness with either pregnancy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Well, I didn't get sick of smells, but with my first daughter it was chili cheese fries, and with my second daughter it was nachos with meat, but got sick of eating hot dogs. For my 2 boys don't recall anything.

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Pretty much everything except burritos, which were, ironically enough, the only thing I could eat and not throw up for about 4mos.

lucyblue202
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Toast in the toaster, any sort of meat cooking, cologne, cigarettes.

LadyVoldemort
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM

peanut butter

heathers5500
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Cigarette smoke, DH's body wash, our water had a lot of sulfur in it, so DH had to put a filter on the whole house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)