Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

There still are some Good people in this world!

Posted by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
Yesterday I went to Taco Bell to buy my family a quick lunch and there was a homeless guy there just hanging outside minding his own business. A few people walked past him whispering and laughing while looking back at him. I thought , how rude, but wasn't really sure if they were actually talking about the homeless guy or not so did'nt say anything. He just looked at me and started walking away. I then proceeded to ask him if he would care to have some lunch with me (even though I was in a hurry and planning on taking out the food). He then politely said no thank you, but would appreciate it if I would buy him something to drink. So I proceeded to go inside to taco bell and ordered my family lunch and also a drink and something for the homeless guy to eat too even though he didn't ask for something to eat. I then asked the young fellow who was working the register if he could put some of the tacos in a separate bag so I could give it to my new friend the homeless guy. The young taco bell worker after hearing I was buying food and drink for this homeless guy, smiled and added some extra food in the homeless guys bag. The worker then walked me out I guess to make sure I would be alright.I then gave the homeless guy his food, drink and a few dollars.He thanked me with tears in his eyes and went on his way. I am so glad there are still some good people out there like that taco bell worker.
by on Sep. 29, 2013 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
stargaze281
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I am tearing up. you did such a generous thing. Everyone needs help sometimes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Kudos to the employee, and you.
sirkokobean
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM

it is wonderful to hear this 

Momofmenagerie
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Jesus said you'd never know in what form he would appear.

( disclaimer: I'm not hijacking this post in order to make a religious point. I simply am sharing a view point)
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 11:25 AM

There are good ppl in the world. One day I was looking for change in my pocketbook for the bus & a stranger came up to me & gave me a token for the bus. He said he was my angle for the day! For no reason he gave this token,out of the blue!

marleasmommy91
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:55 PM

BUMP!

godsgirl26
by ♥ char ♥ on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Kudos to the employee, and you.
lachiche
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM

thats whats it all about putting others before ourself God bless u awesome keep up the goodwork. we need more people out there like that instead of being negative all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)