Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you and your DH go on separate vacations?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you and your DH go on separate vacations?

Options:

Sure, why not?

No way!!

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

We don't have a lot of time together as it is due to work and our vacation time is very limited, but we both have some time available now and rather than spending time together with me and the kids, my husband wants to go on a fishing trip for 4 days with his buddies!

Even though this really irks me, should I let him go?

Have you and your hubby taken separate vacations? What did you guys do?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RoseWildflower
by New Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM
If I knew his friends I would let him go. I would want him to call in twice a day. I would want to see pictures when he gets back. I would probably want to speak to his friends' partners and confirm that they weren't secretly going to the strip club or vegas for four days.

LOL, he can go under these conditions.

:)
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
We take separate and together vacations. We each have friends out of state....and the other one doesn't necessarily want to hang out for 5 days with that particular friend.
Avasmommy12
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM

no but we enjoy our time together

AllThatBabyJazz
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

No. We enjoy our time together and we have no desire to be apart from each other. We are a partnership. 

DanaG70
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:32 AM
4 moms liked this

Yes we go on vacation separately and together. After 14 years we don't have to spend every spare moment together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM
We have done both. Done some with just my dd's or one dd. Taken some with dd and their friends and no dh. Taken some with me and a friend. Dh goes on business trips and side trips. He went to Gettysburg alone. I was not going.
Everyone needs interests outside of their spouse.
storkradio193
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM

No, but we don't have the time or money to go on separate trips (most of our trips are to visit family).  But, I know others who do, especially something like a fishing trip. 

MSJAP2010
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM
My husband & I just recently went on separate vacations. My best friend that lives 3 hours from us got married & I was in the wedding. I went by myself while he stayed home with the kids. The following weekend, he went on a trip with his Masonic brothers & I stayed home with the kids. We don't have a lot of time or money to spend on vacations but we go as a family at least once a year
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Yes he goes on hunting trips with the guys and I go on shopping trips with the girls.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maries_Mom23
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Our family doesn't even do vacations...we do day trips.  So, I guess my answer would be no.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)