Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

How have your kiddos embarrased you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies
4 moms liked this

my DD goes to a small school, she is in K and I am close to some of the teachers...

Well this morning, one of the teachers tells me the other day one kid was hidding from her mom at school and they started talking about that, that they used to do that when they were kids (this was in aftercare) and my DD shared with them that one morning she got up on her own and new it was ok to get out of bed so she hid behind the dinning room table while mommy and daddy were in the shower!!!

I almost die!, I just said is time management and laugh.

Share that time when your little walking recording machine (AKA kiddos) said something that you wanted to die right there!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetspice03
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 1:51 AM

A few months ago, I went grocery shopping with dd, who is 6.  The store often has a cart near the checkout with clearance items, and I always look through it to see if I find anything.  Dd thought it was someone else's cart and loudly shouts, "Mommy!  That's not your cart!"  Luckily others around us knew it was the clearance cart, but I still turned red.  I quickly explained to her what the cart was for.

Kfdmrw9312
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

One time my daughter and me were walking out of the mall and I had some gas (no one was nearby), and she yells out all horrified "Ew mommy you farted!" by that time a mom and kid were passing us and I was so embarrassed! lol

bhow
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:48 AM
11 moms liked this

Went to school and told the whole damn place I cheated on her daddy!!   

We played cards over the weekend and he lost big time, kept saying you're a cheat, you're cheating...oh yeah that sucked!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:24 AM

LOL

At least I'm not alone  :)

Maggiesmith121
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM
5 moms liked this
My daughter, who was two at the time, had learned a new word. Help. We were in the middle of a very busy store when she decided that she would shout her new word. Help! That caught a lot of attention!
JocelynMoods
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My son calls anyone who speaks a different langauge Chinese. He points it out too. He will say "hey! They are Chinese", even though they aren't. He's 7.

975Mom
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:36 PM
3 moms liked this
A little while after breakfast we went to get our free oil change service for our new car. It was a bit of a drive and the wait was a little longer than I had expected so I hadn't brought any snacks, but I figured we would just eat out for lunch on the way home. Instead of merely saying she was ready for lunch, my LO said, "Mommy, are you going to feed me today?" Apparently small children can't remember as far back as that very morning and they aren't very good at wording things. How different would it have been had she traded the word today for the word soon.

I got a lot of stares in that waiting room. I don't think it mattered how well fed she looked. I was happy I was among strangers so I didn't have to see them again. I try to remember this experience when I am around children so I don't become judgemental.
lorenad1
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM
5 moms liked this

I was in a grocery store with my 5year old dd.  She noticed a very small elderly woman walking by us.  My dd announced loudly, "look mom, she is so tiny".  I told her people come in all shapes and sizes.  Then we ended up next to the small woman in line for checkout and my daughter again yells out, "look mom she even has a little purse, she is so cute!"  All of the people in line started to giggle and I turned red.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM
7 moms liked this

We were at a birthday party last month and my toddler decided to inform everyone that he peed on the potty but daddy had been doing it longer AND daddy had the biggest penis in the world. lol oh boy. And no, we did not tell him that. When he asked we simply said adults are larger and taller in general. Nothing about size, lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:07 AM
9 moms liked this
Okay we embarrassed my mom so bad one time. My brother and I were 5 and 7. This mean angry black lady was in front of us in the line at dollar General. She was trying to return opened stuff that was not even purchased at this store. My mom finally told her she had kids, and to please be finished cursing. Well the lady freaked out on my mom cursing even worse and using horrible names. My 5 yr old brother steps up and says "hit her,mom!!!"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)