Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What do you think about filtering dating prospects by body type?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

OK cupid's dating site allows members to pay to filter potential matches by their body type.

What do you think about filtering dating prospects by body type?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Why Not. If you dont like too skinny or too fat they wont hook you up with them.

Avasmommy12
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:19 PM
2 moms liked this

well its shallow so if your looking for shallow then go for it! lol

witch

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

It may work for some but I think that you could be missing out on "the one."  If I had done something like that I would have never met my DH.  He was not the type of person I was normally attracted to but once I got to know him things changed.  We have been married for ten years now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Some people only date obese people. Is that shallow?

Quoting Avasmommy12:

NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:41 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm not single but I'd i was I'm sure most men wouldn't be after my body type! I'd rather they were filtered and only men that found me attractive showed up.
KayBeCareful
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Body types would be one of the very first criteria, if I were looking. Looks are very important to me and I'm only attracted to the taller, thinner type of man who looks fabulous in the expensive suits he'll be wearing. I want a man with high self esteem who looks as great as he can and takes care of himself. Sloppy, uncaring or fat guys can take a hike. Literally. It might get them started on getting into shape.

KayBeCareful
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Yes, people who only date obese people would be shallow if they are "chubby chasers". They would be just as shallow as I am for being only attracted to the tall, slim, good-looking guys.  Whatever floats your boat. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people only date obese people. Is that shallow?

Quoting Avasmommy12:

Its.me.Sam.
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:55 PM

if a person has a certain type they are attracted to and it is very important to him/her then why not.  its a win/win becuse people who care less about body types wont be paired with someone who does.  

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I think my husband is very handsome, and extremely well built. I comment often. He tells me I'm so superficial. I just tell him if I have to sit across the table from you every day, I have to like what im looking for.
Neither of us likes a fat body.
SinaiJ
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's absolutely horrible. You miss out on great people judging by superficial things. They should filter by douche bag level. But if you're a superficial arsehole, it's right up your alley.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)