Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

What in the hell is wrong with my sister?

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM
  • 43 Replies

I cannot believe her.

I took my niece ( I have custody of her) to get her hair cut. It was terribly long, tons of split end, it was just an all out mess. We ended up cutting her hair just above her shoulders, it was down to her butt. Well on Saturday, my sister had visitation with her kids, the first thing out of her mouth was telling her 7 year old daughter that her shorter hair makes her look ugly.   The thing that pissed me off more was the lady that supervises the visitation didn't say anything. She just let my sister verbally hurt this little girl again. What is the point of having supervised visitation if my sister is just going to keep getting to say whatever she wants?

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Decemberlov
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Some people were just never meant to be parents.

So sad :(

berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Being it up to her supervisor?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Very sad. Sad the supervisor didn't way anything. She sounds like a loser.
waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM
She used to be a great mom. It wasn't until she started having contact with our mother that her parenting started going down hill. She is to easily influenced my that woman. Plus her new husband is a total jackass, he makes it clear that "women/girls" are worthless.
Quoting Decemberlov:

Some people were just never meant to be parents.

So sad :(

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Oh I have, as soon as they can find someone to drive all the way up here. We live out in the middle of nowhere our closest CPS office is almost 2 hours away.
Quoting berlgirl1224:

Being it up to her supervisor?
975Mom
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Your sister may be trying to hurt you through her daughter (your niece) bc she's probably mad you have custody and she doesn't. Typical, immature passive-aggressive behavior. Instead of growing up and proving she can be a great mom, she resorts to verbal abuse. I don't even care if she was only voicing a preference for long hair. There are nicer ways to say that than to call a little one ugly. :(

I'm glad you are trying to change the supervisor bc your sister will likely be passive-aggressive again. Sure, she'll change it up and do something different each time just to keep you guessing. Here's an idea: Have your niece keep a handwritten journal of her feelings. Remind her to write in it daily. Journals are admissible in court, but only if handwritten by her (not typewritten or written by you on her behalf). This could be helpful if you ever need to go to court to restrict visitation. Counselling for your niece could not only help her, but maybe be a source of documentation.
waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:32 PM

My niece is unable to do that, she is 7 but she has regressed big time. She has been nonverbal for about 3 months now, she is sucking her thumb, wetting and pooping in her pants and bed, she does nothing but cry, and throws all out screaming fits. Getting her to eat is a battle. She won't even play with my 7 year old  which she would do before, he is her favorite cousin. Emotionally she is a wreck and she clings to me or my husband at all times. It has been nothing but a mess and I am still trying figure out why the courts would even give my sister supervised visitation.

The only reason I knew about this incident was because her 9 year old brother told my husband, and then he laughed about it. We have to watch her brother with her because he is extremely mean to her. He is constantly hitting her, pushing her down, and calling her names. My sister and her husband really put these kids through the ringer and I am the one having to deal with the consequences.

Quoting 975Mom:

Your sister may be trying to hurt you through her daughter (your niece) bc she's probably mad you have custody and she doesn't. Typical, immature passive-aggressive behavior. Instead of growing up and proving she can be a great mom, she resorts to verbal abuse. I don't even care if she was only voicing a preference for long hair. There are nicer ways to say that than to call a little one ugly. :(

I'm glad you are trying to change the supervisor bc your sister will likely be passive-aggressive again. Sure, she'll change it up and do something different each time just to keep you guessing. Here's an idea: Have your niece keep a handwritten journal of her feelings. Remind her to write in it daily. Journals are admissible in court, but only if handwritten by her (not typewritten or written by you on her behalf). This could be helpful if you ever need to go to court to restrict visitation. Counselling for your niece could not only help her, but maybe be a source of documentation.

SinaiJ
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Pretty sure it's just supervised to make sure the parent doesn't kidnap or physically harm the child. I would've honestly said something myself, you're raising her after all. Reassure your niece that she's beautiful no matter what :o)

KayBeCareful
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like the brother learned his lessons well from his parents. He has to carry on the cycle of abuse and his sister is all he's got.  I hate to even think this, but her regression is a symptom of sexual abuse. Is her brother ever allowed to be alone with her? If so, I would put a stop to that right now.

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no,her brother is not allowed to be around her by himself, infact we have him in his own room and he has an alarm on his window and his bedroom door. My husband takes him everywhere with him just so I don't have to deal with him by myself. We are following every precaution that we can, not just to keep her safe but to also keep our children safe. Part of me hates having him here, he is unpredictable but another part of me wants to do whatever needs to be done to help him get past all this.

I agree about the regression. We have had her completely checked over and they are 100% sure she has been sexually abused. My husband and I are doing every thing in our power to make sure these kids do not go back to their parents, and to make sure the right person will be prosecuted.

Quoting KayBeCareful:

Sounds like the brother learned his lessons well from his parents. He has to carry on the cycle of abuse and his sister is all he's got.  I hate to even think this, but her regression is a symptom of sexual abuse. Is her brother ever allowed to be alone with her? If so, I would put a stop to that right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)