Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

EXCITING NEWS...

Posted by   + Show Post

been awhile since I have been on here. needed a big break from the crazy world of CM. early september a close friend of mine and her mom decided to drive down to LA and attend a taping of the Price Is Right. long process but it was definitely worth it. As they sit us down in what I thought to be crappy seats and the show gets taping, they need another contestant and lo and behold they called my name. I got my chunky butt right outta that seat and ran down in utter disbelief. After a few of the other contestants dollaring (i know its not a word, lol) I finally made it on the stage with Drew. he tells me I am getting ready to play for 10k dollars and before I knew it, I had snatched my wig off. Drew drops down in disbelief, camera guys are rolling and the audience goes wild. after everyone regains their composure I get straight down to business. pricing game, guess 4 out of 6 items. got 3 items correct, up to 1k. he offers me the 1k or take a chance and go for the 10k. mama didnt raise no quitter! went against the audience and BAM 10k richer. everything after that is a blur. I sucked at spinning the wheel but hey I left out a winner. still in disbelief.

by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Replies (11-19):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Awe-some!

high five

fudgybuddymom
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:14 AM

Amazing! Enjoy your winnings!

sillytime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Can I get 5 dollars? Lol JK yayyyyyyy CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's such a blessing!!! Enjoy and I hope the new money helps you and your family out :-)
bhow
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:39 AM

How much paper work did you have to fill out to be qualified as a contestant?  Our neighbors went and the couple they were with did not qualify for some reason.  They were very embarrassed for their friends.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

way to go

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Great ... how do you work the taxes?  Do they take it out for you?

layap
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:58 AM

It didnt seem like there was qualifications to me. We got in line roughly about 7am. By 830am they brought us onto the CBS lot, where some poor girls job is to write every audience members name (all 500) on the price tag name badge. The paperwork everyone signed was us agreeing that if we were chosen that we were liable for any and all taxes. Us certifying that we hadn't appeared on the show as contestants in the last 10yrs. after all 500 of us filled out everything we got to take an individual pix (which Im assuming they will use for their own purposes) and if you came with a group a souvenier pix was taken which they try to sell you. Its now about 1030-11ish when the lone producer comes out and interviews every last person who intends on going on the show. Roughly about 1pm they let you in the studio. certain ppl are placed where they want them. they will tape off spots because those are the ppl they want Drew to speak to i.e. newlyweds, bday ppl or someone with an interesting story. I believe the ppl the producer has chosen are also sat where they want them. When we went to sit they had someone to direct us. my friends mom is disabled so we didnt even think about it. after taping, all winners and the contestants that didnt make it on stage go back and fill out the tax paperwork, where you have the option to decline any/all prizes you may have won. cash for an item is not an option unless they dont have what they promised. In my instance, i bid on 2 cell phones w/1yr service. They dont wanna pay for the 1yr service so I will receive $1436 for that. Since I live in CA, taxes will not come out of my prize. I will be responsible for State n Federal when I file my income tax. Prizes are usually not rewarded until after the show airs and then they have 90 days after the air date to send your $$ and/or prizes. hope I answered your question :)

* the ppl that didnt make it on stage got $300 and yes they will be taxed on that.

SWEET737
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations! Doesn't feel good to win money and didn't have to work up a sweat to get it? I love when that happens. I will mark my calendar so I will not miss it.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Oct. 6, 2013 at 4:01 AM
Oh wow CONGRATS!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)