Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

is it rude?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM
  • 25 Replies
I live in an apartment with Dh and DS. I have never had to use the Laundromat and I really need to wash my clothes, my dh work pants but someone has left there clothes in both the washer and dryer. My husband. Needs work pa TS for tonight would it be rude to take their comforter out of the washing machine?
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1RedHottMama
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Not at all,machines are not supposed to be left unattended. If they can't be bothered with picking-up there things then tough shit. Don't leave your machines unattended or they may do something with yours for spite.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Is it done drying. And washing?
jl89
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I don't think so. Just set it on top of the machines and hope yours gets done washing and in to the dryer before the other person realizes they forgot about their laundry lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

No, it's generally assumed that if you leave the machines unattended then that might happen. I always took the stance that if they happened to come in and find me there and their stuff on the table (our unit had a big table off to one side for folding stuff on) that I'd claim it was there when I came in. ;)

cupcake_mom
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope! They shouldn't leave their stuff in the washer. But i would atleast spred it out across the washer since it's wet. That way it won't smell spoiled when they finally come back to get it
emilysmom8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Is the washer done or is it still going? If it is stopped and has been for awhile than take it out but if its still going or just stopped like a minute ago leave it in 

bhow
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM

If it's just a comforter I would even go ahead and fold it.  No, I don't think it would be rude.  I have folded towels and blankets before.  I wouldn't fold anything too "personal".  I wouldn't want you to fold mine.  You can take them out and pile them on top of machine or basket buggy but please don't fold them.   Although...when I did need to use laundry mat a lot I did make sure I was right there when machines stopped.  I am too fussy about my clothing not to have been.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this
I would wait 15 extra min, then remove them.
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM

No

JTE11
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this

This is what I did when I had to use a laundromat. I gave people a grace period and then I moved their clothes out so I could use the machine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would wait 15 extra min, then remove them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN