Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Homework Mistakes (PIOG)

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 7 Replies

My Ds 6 has homework packet every week. This week it has a Alphabet chant in it. Its supposed to help him recognize the word with the picture.  Now how is that supposed to happen, When i found these mistakes.
Apple is spelt aple
D it says dog but the picture is a duck
R it says Rabbit but the picture is a Rooster
W is missing all together.
Y is says Yawn but the picture is a Yo-Yo
and Z says zipper but is a Zebra.

I did correct the mistakes on the paper.

in lovebackpacktoddler girltoddler boypuppycat

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bhow
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Oh brother!!  Is this kindergarten?  I used to volunteer TOO much at school, I can tell you that our school would want this brought to the teachers attention personally.  There is a chance a class room aide did up this sheet and for what ever reason it's a mess.  If the teacher doesn't seem to care, to you, I would ask some other parents what they think and if they spoke to teacher.  Pay attention and if it happens again, speak to teacher AGAIN...then go to the principal.  If you don't try to work it out with the teacher first...the principal might not pay attention to you.  Take somebody with you but have them stay quiet, somebody the teachers do not know.  Do it away from the kids so the kids won't know what's going on.  If you take a 'stranger' to the meeting some will probably wonder...hmmm is this person a child advocate of some sort?  It's just a suggestion and taking somebody without kids in that grade level, but OLDER than you if you are a young parent.  Even 5 years older.  Some might think I don't know what I'm talking about, and I am not going to explain how I know different things that get paid attention to in school but I'm telling you this a tactic that has helped many people in several schools surrounding my area.  Be respectful and don't treat them like you know how to teach a class room because unless you have, you don't.  It isn't as easy as one would think.

How2Be

MamaTrombley
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I have volunteered in classrooms before. I did send the teacher an email asking for a meeting.

aimeerd
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I have not gotten any homework that had mistakes but a lot of the handouts telling about stuff dose. At the end of Oct there is a field trip to a farm. Well the date that was put was 10/30/15. I did not see it at first. When I did see it I laughed. He would be in 2nd grade if that was the date.

MamaTrombley
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Quoting aimeerd:

I have not gotten any homework that had mistakes but a lot of the handouts telling about stuff dose. At the end of Oct there is a field trip to a farm. Well the date that was put was 10/30/15. I did not see it at first. When I did see it I laughed. He would be in 2nd grade if that was the date.

Havent gotten anything like that yet.

Pnukey
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM

The duck, rooster, yo-yo, and zebra sound like the Alpha-Friends we used when I taught kindergarten 8  years ago. The teacher probably mixed old and new and didn't pay attention. That's too funny.

I make corrections on my son's homework when the teacher misses it too. His first grade teacher was awful! I sent the homework back full of red marks.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM
The alphabet chant is meant for letter recognition. Not words. So either way it doesn't matter, if he sees zebra he should know Z, if he hears zipper he should know Z. Don't sweat the small stuff or he will never make it out of elementary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaTrombley
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Her instruction on the paper said. Point to the word and the picture so students could correspond the two.(not verbatim.) So yes it really did matter.

Quoting marchantmom06:

The alphabet chant is meant for letter recognition. Not words. So either way it doesn't matter, if he sees zebra he should know Z, if he hears zipper he should know Z. Don't sweat the small stuff or he will never make it out of elementary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN