Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you think many wives are jealous of their husbands old flames?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 233 Replies

A couple of months ago at my son's preschool open house I found out that a guy that I knew in college over 20 years ago and went out with a time or two has a daughter in my son's class.  We had not talked since college and I didn't know he lived close.  He introduced me to his wife as a friend from college.  His wife and I had a brief, but nice conversation.  We even talked about getting the kids together for a play date.  I liked her a lot.  I have seen her a few times at school since then and she goes out of her way to not make eye contact at all.  I can't think of any reason for this except maybe later her husband told her that we went out a few times in college.  I am of course not sure this is the reason.  Do you think many wives are jealous of someone who their husband went out with a few times over 20 years ago?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymini
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:58 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm not. I was his first, he had never dated or done anything before me.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:59 AM
4 moms liked this

If they are they shouldnt be. But many women hate the mans EXs. I will never understand this. He is with you if he wanted her he wouldnt be with you  !

Okie-chick
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:05 AM
I'm not. They're exs for a reason. Maybe he said more than he should have? If she already liked you I don't see why that would make a difference. You're not going after him or all up on him
Pnukey
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM
2 moms liked this

I think some are. DH doesn't have any exes so I can't relate. There is just me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM
I am not, lol.
nanasue31204
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM
8 moms liked this
I love that my husband and I are each others one and only everything, been together since we were 16/17. I'm not sure how I would feel about ex's but we are both jealous people to a degree, so it might be a problem. I think its human nature to be jealous especially if you think someone shared something with someone else that you consider yours, even if it's before your time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 7, 2013 at 9:01 AM
3 moms liked this

I think some are, yes. I didn't have any jealousy towards my husband's exes until we spent an extended period of time with the inlaws and one of his exes, who he's still friends with, came over 2-3 days in a row to hang out with fil, sil, bil, and hubby. The first day, she brought her kids and our kids all played together, but I had to work (I work from home) and couldn't really hang out with them. Then when I got off and went out to join the fun, they went from laughing to quiet for an extended period of time. So, I went back inside and got on the computer again. The next day, she brought her kids again (she has 3 who are the same ages as our 2) and this time I had to work again but only for a couple of hours. When I got off and joined them in the kitchen where they were talking and they didn't quiet down when I came in that time, but then she went outside to smoke and the ils and dh all went, too. That day, anywhere she went, dh went, and that's when I got upset and jealous. I wound up going back to the bedroom to get on the computer again because it's not like I was included in the convos anywhere they were. DH finally came back to check on me after THREE hours. By that point, I was too upset to really even discuss it with him. I felt childish, but couldn't do anything about it, either.

SnapIt
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I dont think its jealousy, they can feel threatened maybe...

You cant be jealous of a person you know nothing about or havent given the time of day to.
You may have more than the other person material wise, so whats there to be jealous about, but you can feel threatened by the other person and it could be because they may have a better personality or are more attractive.

Jealousy to me is about material items, not a person in general
So she may be feeling threatened by you, because you and he have some sort of history.
And now a days, lots of exs from way back are getting back together it seems.
So again, she may be feeling threatened that you and he may rekindle those feelings you once had.
lovnmy3boys
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I had something similar happen years ago too... I think my ex told his fiancé that we'd been together, because she started avoiding me suddenly when her and I had hit it off I thought. We had been doing some things as couples with my hubby and them...of course I didn't say a word to my husband. Idk..maybe I should have told him? 

boys2men2soon
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

If they are they shouldnt be. But many women hate the mans EXs. I will never understand this. He is with you if he wanted her he wouldnt be with you  !

This!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN