Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I stubbed my damn toe

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 2 Replies
I stubbed my big toe which resulted most of toenail to fall off I would say about 98% of my toenail is missing I probably should of pulled it off but it was just hanging there which bothered me. But now my big toe is throbbing so bad it hurts so much!! What can i can do to relieve some of the pain?
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Take ibuprofen,stick some ice on it for 20mins at a time. Keep off your feet if you can & elevate the affected foot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Yup, ibuprofen is good (800 mg. with food every6-8 hrs.), ice (15-20 min.  covered ice pack on , then 20 min. off), elevation (always a good idea), now go see if your Dr.(or if you don't have one the ER) and do whatever you  have to do to get yourself some Percocet.  If they give you 5 mg then take 2 tabs.  You'll need 10 mg. to edge the edge of that pain.  I've had problems like that-there's so many nerve endings in your fingers and toes that injuries are so painful.  Just check on the the 2nd number so you're careful and don't taker too much acetaminophen.  That way you'll be alternating ibuprofen and oxycodone(Percocet) with Tylenol.  That combined with ice, etc should help.  If you're not familiar, when I say the 2nd number...APercocet Rx will say on the bottles's label ex: "oxycodone 10/325 mg. That means 5 mg. oxy.(Percocet) and 325 mg. acetaminophen (Tylenol).  You don't want to get to much Tylenol as it can cause liver damage or failure.  Sometimes they give you 5 mg. oxy with high amt. Tylenol so you don't take too much, especially with something short term, as in your case.  I take it with a combination of other things for chronic pain, so I tak 10/325 mg so I don't get to much tylenol.  Get all the relief you can, but be careful.  I would imagine you're having trouble sleeping, and since it's Sunday-if you're really suffering you'll need to go to the ER. because most Dr.'s won't see you or call it in (controlled substance).  Hope you get well soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN