Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

My 9 year old nephew was arrested today. EDIT----UPDATE

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM
  • 123 Replies
2 moms liked this

UPDATE:  His therapist spent almost 3 hours this morning with him and also went with him to court. They decided not to bring charges against him but he will be put in the children mental ward to be evaluated. It really sucks because that is 2 hours away but he will not be allowed to come back home until he has intense therapy.

For the person who kept saying that my children should be taken away from us, well the social worker that is involved with my niece and nephews was here and just left. She has absolutely nothing against our parenting skills and thinks we are a very loving, involved family that has very happy, well adjusted kids. So you can stuff it.

Those who gave encouragement and well wishes, thank you very much for your support and understanding.

My 9 year old nephew is sitting in  jail tonight for assaulting his 7 year old sister.

We were at my MIL's today helping her do yardwork. We were all out by the bonfire burning branches and pine needles, I turned my back for a minute to help my daughter because the wheelbarrow she was pushing started to tip. The next thing I know, I hear my niece screaming at the top of her lungs, her brother was sitting on her hitting her. I jerked around just as my BIL, grabbed a hold of him and literely threw him to the ground to get him away from her. He was so uncontrollable hitting and kicking that it took my husband and my BIL to hold him down. My MIL called the cops and they arrested him.

I am so torn on if arresting him was a good thing. He is only 9 years old and has such a terrible year but another part of me is very glad not to have him in my home. I'm at a total loss at what to do with this child. He is only getting worse and for the safety of the rest of my kids having him in our home is not a good thing anymore either.

EDIT: for those who say beat his ass, what good is that actually going to do? He has been beaten and abused by his mother and step father for the last year. Spanking him will not work.

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM

He's only 9...is he a big kid?

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:44 PM

I guess he is about average height for a 9 year old but he is very skinny. When he gets mad though, he is really strong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM

how did he get so out of control?

twicethemomjess
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Poor guy :( that's got to be hard on him but hopefully its what he needs.
marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
You had a 9 year old put in jail for hitting his sister??????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Forgive me but are you the mom that has custody of your niece and nephew and your niece doesn't talk and their mom was verbally abusive in a supervised visit?

Quoting waytomanykids10:

I guess he is about average height for a 9 year old but he is very skinny. When he gets mad though, he is really strong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM

wow please please be a troll...you seriously had a 9 year old arrested for fighting with his sibling? Hopefully they will put this child in a foster home where he will be loved and cared for because you obviously dont care.

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM

It doesn't take much for him to get out of control, he can be very violent. In the month that we have had him in our custody, he has caused $3000 worth of damage to my husbands shop, he has broken windows, and has put a few holes in the walls. He is constantly trying to hit, push, and kick his sister. We have been dealing with a lot of problems with him.  

Quoting Anonymous:

how did he get so out of control?

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM

BUMP!

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Yes

Quoting Cindy18:

Forgive me but are you the mom that has custody of your niece and nephew and your niece doesn't talk and their mom was verbally abusive in a supervised visit?

Quoting waytomanykids10:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)