Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If he's not wearing a wedding ring, does that mean he's going to cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband has always worn his wedding ring but one of his friends just got married and doesn't wear one. His new bride confided in me that it really bothers her and she thinks he's not really committed to her unless he's wearing a ring. She also worries that he's going to cheat because, as she put it, "There's no ring to stop him or any woman from cheating." Like wedding rings have some special power to ward off infidelity?? Anyway, do YOU think a man is less happy or faithful if he's not wearing a ring?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM

DH and I don't wear our rings. In fact neither of us even have our rings, they were lost long ago. He wore his for about 3 weeks after we got married and I wore mine for about 2 years.

Stephd710
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I dont think a ring means hes committed and isnt going to cheat.  My ex husband would hardly ever wear his ring.....he cheated on me a lot!!  The last one he knocked up and they are still together in a rocky relationship.  The chick makes him wear a band on his finger so "other women will know hes taken".  Um yeah....because you knowing he was married CLEARLY worked the last time.  She's an idiot, but it is funny!  

my4boys2002
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:22 PM
How would a ring stop a man from cheating? If he's going to cheat he will cheat sounds like her relationship isn't Sid if she is a newlywed and scared he will stray.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Nope, dh only wears his on special occasions. He can't wear it at work and he isn't a big fan of jewelry anyway. He's very committed and definitely faithful.
aeneva
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:42 PM

She needs to talk to HIM and find out WHY he isn't wearing it.  

My husband hates jewelry and I knew that before we got married.  He never wears any.  He also works in an industry where a ring could easily cut his finger off in an accident.  He does not wear his wedding ring for those reasons.  It DOES NOT mean he is not just as committed to me as I am to him.

Until she talks to him there is no way to know.  Also a rind does not stop anything.

dalbax2
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:22 PM

No.  My ex wore his for awhile but then w/ his job at the time he removed it rather than risk injuries.  When he got out of that line of work he started wearing his ring again.  If a man ( or woman for that matter ) is going to cheat....that ring doesn't mean a thing.  They will cheat w/ or w/o it on.

EarlGrayHot
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:03 PM

No.  That's silly.  I never wanted a ring because I don't care much for jewelry.  If it matters then ask why he doesn't wear it and say it bothers you.  But it won't enforce fidelity.

garnet83
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I don't think the ring matters. It's nice, but not a deal breaker.

storkradio193
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I don't think the jewelry has anything to do with cheating, it is about the person.  If she feels that way then she needs to talk with her husband.

chalisa0
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM
1 mom liked this

No, of course not.  My husband can't wear one for work.  He just doesn't think of wearing it any other time.  It doesn't bother me-and I'm not going to worry about it.  I'm sure he's been faithful to me for our 24 yrs of marriage.  And, if a man's gonna cheat, he's gonna cheat.  No ring will stop him.  I'm sure plenty of married men who DO wear rings cheat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)