Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If he's not wearing a wedding ring, does that mean he's going to cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband has always worn his wedding ring but one of his friends just got married and doesn't wear one. His new bride confided in me that it really bothers her and she thinks he's not really committed to her unless he's wearing a ring. She also worries that he's going to cheat because, as she put it, "There's no ring to stop him or any woman from cheating." Like wedding rings have some special power to ward off infidelity?? Anyway, do YOU think a man is less happy or faithful if he's not wearing a ring?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (171-180):
27yomomof4
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM
My dad doesn't wear a ring.. he doesn't have one that i know of.. i think its more of he worked places that he couldnt wear one so they didnt waste the money on one.. but my dh wears one except for when he breaks his finger and its swollen, then its off until the swelling is down and he puts it back on! (His finger is like glass breaks easily. Had spiral fractured it a couple times in hs and it keeps breaking ever since. I broke it once by accident. I put my hand down on the couch to get up and happened to of been on top of his hand. I only weighed 105 lbs at the time and totally didnt mean to do it, but it was rebroken..)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I don't think a man will cheat just because he has no ring.  My BF doesn;t wear a wedding....we are not married.  We have 4 children togehter (I'm pregnant with #5) and he doesn't cheat on me.

flashbranding
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM
My parents have been happily married for 27 years and don't wear wedding rings. My mom hates jewelry and my dad can't bc he is a mechanic
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM

My parents have been married 51 years and he wore his wedding ring for their honeymoon and never again.  My parents have been faithful all that time.  In my relationship, my husband never takes his ring off and I often leave my ring off, sometime intentionally and other times accidentally.  We have been faithful all of our 18 years too.  

I would hope that you would advise your friend to speak to her husband about her concerns and see if some compromise could be reached.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I think he should, it's part of the package. That's why they exchanged rings in the first place duh. 

momto3B
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I did not wear a wedding ring for the first 6 years we were married and I did not cheat. It is not the ring that makes a cheater, it is the man. 

Mrs.OneHotMama
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:51 AM
I been married for a year now and I wear mine. But he don't wear his. I am ok with that. If you worry about him cheating then there's no trust there and should have never got married until you have it for one and another. My husband said a ring don't mean anything to some girls. They still try to get the guy in bed. As long as you have trust in him and know that he will not do anything with another woman. I guess I feel like he put the ring on my finger not anyone else that means he is in love with me and wants me no one else.
Donna1
by New Member on Nov. 5, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Yeah, wedding rings really do not have any kind of special power to ward off infidelity or women who are sleazy or just plain don't care if the guy is married or not. My husband of 12 years wore his wedding ring the first couple of months after we got married and then due to nearly losing his finger while working on his big rig, decided it would be better if he didn't wear a ring. I agreed and still do. The ring is merely a reminder of the commitment he has made to his partner.

Donna

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:07 AM

nah, neither my husband or I wear rings. We both lost ours and always say we will buy new ones, but Ive lost 2 sets already and he lost one and so it is like whats the point?  We aren't cheating though

athorne
by Anna on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:49 AM
My husband doesn't wear his because it was too big when we bought it and it kept slipping off. He never wore a ring before so he really wasn't sure how it should fit. The clerk that tried his ring on him suggested a size bit he was not sure how it is supposed to feel. We have been meaning to get him a new one from a more professional source like King's or Kay's instead of Wal Mart like we did. I don't see a problem him not wearing one if he feels comfortable. There are a lot of men that don't wear one and are just fine. My grandpa never wore one and either did my father in law.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)