Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If he's not wearing a wedding ring, does that mean he's going to cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband has always worn his wedding ring but one of his friends just got married and doesn't wear one. His new bride confided in me that it really bothers her and she thinks he's not really committed to her unless he's wearing a ring. She also worries that he's going to cheat because, as she put it, "There's no ring to stop him or any woman from cheating." Like wedding rings have some special power to ward off infidelity?? Anyway, do YOU think a man is less happy or faithful if he's not wearing a ring?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
gilbertgrl627
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:34 PM

No. My DH didn't really want to wear his wedding ring (other than for the ceremony) and I asked him to give it a try for a week. If he didn't like it, he didn't have to wear it. Well, he did, and no says it feels weird without it. lol. My FIL doesn't wear one (I always thought that was kind of odd) and, to my knowledge, has never cheated. He and my MIL have been married since....1974, I think. lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:31 PM
My dad never even had one. Dh hates his. He wore it a year or so. Ring or no ring, those that wanna cheat, will. Too much emphasis on a ring, of if you don't wear on you must be a cheater.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:35 PM
To the OP, anyone that freakish and doubting her dh should have never married to begin with. Trust is key in a marriage. Without it the marriage is over.
Mrs.Godfrey
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:01 PM

i dont know.. for me and my husband the rings are a huge sentimental piece and neither of us go with out them.. but i have a friend who neither him or his wife wear there rings and they have a rock solid relationship 10 years strong... its different for everyone

elisesmom922
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Lol, no. DH rarely wears his ring, alot of the men at his job don't. There jobs are of such that they can get caught/stuck/bent/broken in the machinery. I would rather forgo an ER trip than DH wear his ring. About 6mo. ago one of the temps got his hand stuck in a machine b/c his ring got caught, sliced his whole hand in half.

iturn2dj
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:06 AM
I work in manufacturing where most men don't wear rings...but I hate to tell you, the men that do ARE the ones that are faithful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:11 AM

even if he was wearing a ring, if he wanted to cheat then he would... commitment has nothing to do with the ring.

athorne
by Anna on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
My husband doesn't wear his because it is too big. We have talked about getting it resized but just haven't done it.
kfrog13
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I would think if he never wore one, it's not necessiarly a big deal.  However if he stopped wearing one after wearing one for years, it's definitely a sign of at least something really wrong in the marriage and the potential for him to cheat would be so much higher.

smorgan865
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM

If a person is going to cheat, a piece of jewelry isn't going to stop them.

She really should at least tell him how she feels. It may not change his mind to wear the ring, but it very well could. To have this little trust so early in the relationship doesn't sound like a very good start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN