Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If he's not wearing a wedding ring, does that mean he's going to cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband has always worn his wedding ring but one of his friends just got married and doesn't wear one. His new bride confided in me that it really bothers her and she thinks he's not really committed to her unless he's wearing a ring. She also worries that he's going to cheat because, as she put it, "There's no ring to stop him or any woman from cheating." Like wedding rings have some special power to ward off infidelity?? Anyway, do YOU think a man is less happy or faithful if he's not wearing a ring?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (31-40):
bhow
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Man does she have issues!!  My husband has never worn a ring due to not liking rings, if worn on the the job it WILL get caught in something...bye bye finger or more.  ALTHOUGH...for my birthday one year he did buy himself a wedding band and wears it on occasion(s).  It was one of the best gifts he ever gave "me".

On the other hand...Years before I knew my husband I pretty much thought the dude that was trying to pick me up was married.  I kept fishing for info...I finally thought to ask him for change for the juke box and when he said sure...guess what was in the midst of all that change?  Yep, you know, a shiny gold band.  I picked it up and asked how many songs he thought it would get me.  He just shook his head and left the place.

ethynsmamma
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM
My husband wear his all the time I sometimes have to take mine off for work and just reasanly Ideveloped esama on my wedding ring finger so its a little iratting tp wear mine
Thbear59
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:23 AM

It is not the ring that stops someone from cheating, it is their character and their heart. 

lancet98
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Generally, a man who wears his wedding ring in public (assuming he doesn't have to remove it for situations like operating machinery), is trying to let others know that he is married, and that generally means he's not interested in fooling around, but that just does not apply to ALL men wearing a ring in public - I've had men proposition me very clearly, while that ring was very much in evidence.

And wearing a wdding ring does stop some infidelity, because some women want nothing to do with a married man.   When I was single I'd never have anything to do with a married man, but I'd also ask anyone who seemed to show an interest in me, if they were married.   And I'd check it out a little further if they said, 'of course not!'

Others....that means nothing.  Just nothing.   Some men, some women, could care less if the man has a ring on his finger or not.   For me, it's an absolute show stopper, and always has been.   On the other hand a female relative of mine sees a wedding ring as a sort of challenge to her charms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM

No, I think a ring just means he can and wants to wear it and doesn't have anything to do with his level of fidelity. After all, some men work in jobs where rings are prohibited or dangerous and therefore can't wear one but are 100% faithful to their spouses and some wear a ring 24/7 while they cheat on their spouse routinely.

larissa5512
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Nope not at all. The only time DH has worn his ring was the nday we got married, he wore it for a week and it has been off since then
kaylamom2004
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Not necessarily. What type of work does he do? My father never wore one because of the type of work he did it would've been dangerous to do so (mechanic).

orchardmoma
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM

My first thought is ... that woman is going to have a long, stressful marriage if she's starting out already feeling and thinking this way! And I feel for her husband

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM

No that's silly...it's like saying if a girl wears a dress she's a slut.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM

DH's job sometimes prevents him from wearing his ring.  When he can't wear it, he'll put it in his flight suit and forget it for days or even weeks at a time.

Yes, the ring can be important to some people.  No, him not wearing it isn't a sign the marriage is doomed.

She needs to sit down and talk this over with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)