Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If he's not wearing a wedding ring, does that mean he's going to cheat?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband has always worn his wedding ring but one of his friends just got married and doesn't wear one. His new bride confided in me that it really bothers her and she thinks he's not really committed to her unless he's wearing a ring. She also worries that he's going to cheat because, as she put it, "There's no ring to stop him or any woman from cheating." Like wedding rings have some special power to ward off infidelity?? Anyway, do YOU think a man is less happy or faithful if he's not wearing a ring?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
JC2223
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:46 AM
1 mom liked this

You're friend sounds immature and insecure.

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Not wearing a ring doesn't mean he's going to cheat. He could just not like wearing jewlery. Maybe it's dangerous depending on his job. My husband used to be a printer and didn't wear his ring to work.

A man/woman is going to cheat whether they are wear a wedding ring or not.

AiLi
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I think she is over reacting.  My husband doesn't always wear his when he goes out or when he is at work.  To some men, it just feels awkward to wear jewelry.  It doesn't mean her husband is going to cheat on her and I don't know why she thinks a wedding ring would stop cheating.  Seriously? A lot of women just don't care if a man is married or not.  I think she should just relax and trust her new husband or her marriage is already doomed.  That might sound harsh but what is a marriage if you can't trust your spouse?

Elementaryboys2
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Not at all.   My husband did not wear his wedding ring for many years but it was because of the job he had.   

Saharra
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Nope. My DH doesn't wear a ring. And I'm good with it. He works on cars and I would not want to be the cause of him wearing a ring for me, sticking his hand in something and having it grab the ring. One of my DHs co workers at the bread factory did have this happen. It wasn't pretty. Of she is that insecure about it, maybe see about him getting a tattooed ring on his finger. It's safe, not jewelry, and still have something on.
laylolilah
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM
You are confusing a ring with a chastity belt. The ring doesn't prevent or promote cheating either way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I don't necessarily think it means he'll cheat, but I do think it's weird when people don't wear their rings. Why wouldn't you? I think it's disrespectful not to. If your friend is bothered by him not wearing it, she should tell him. I don't get why people wouldn't want to have a ring on to SHOW they're married. It's just weird to me. How hard is it just to wear a simple ring?
inmybizz
by Trixie on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM

My husband has never worn a ring. We have been happily married for 11yrs.

Rings have never prevented anyone from cheating..

bcauseimthemom
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Ifit bothers her that much, why doesn't she talk to him? Maybe he can't wear it at work.....

Mrs.Pedro
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband doesn't always wear a ring... There's nothing disrespectful about it. He's in the military and cannot have tatts on his hands, and it's dangerous to wear them in some situations... For example when he was deployed one of the guys in a unit he worked with decided to wear his band... He jumped off the back of a 7 ton(these trucks are about 5 feet off the ground) in a convoy, and his ring caught on whatever they were using to get down and ripped his finger off. An injury like that can be career ending. He also has to swim for training or wants to and would rather not lose his ring.

Quoting Kaybean:

I don't necessarily think it means he'll cheat, but I do think it's weird when people don't wear their rings. Why wouldn't you? I think it's disrespectful not to. If your friend is bothered by him not wearing it, she should tell him. I don't get why people wouldn't want to have a ring on to SHOW they're married. It's just weird to me. How hard is it just to wear a simple ring?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)