Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Convertible car seat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Hi I have a friend who just had a baby and is looking for the convertible car seat, she doesn't have a lot of money but she wants the best she can afford. She knows that car seats are VERY important. Can anyone help me with high rated convertible car seats? I tried t he car seat safety group but you have to apply to get in and is not right away that they take you. Thank you!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
sweetspice03
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I used the Graco ComfortSport with my dd, and she loved it.  It's rear-facing to 30 lbs, and forward-facing to 40 lbs.  I paid only $90 for mine.  We were able to use it until she outgrew it.

Since then though, Graco has put out a lot more convertible carseats.  I just looked on the website (www.gracobaby.com), and they have many that have a much higher weight limit, but they are pricier.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Evenflo sureride or safety 1st guide 65. Both can be found for under $100 and will last awhile.
cowgirlsmommy
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Actually compared to other seats on the market in the same price range, the comfortsport is a horrible seat. It is outgrown very very quickly both rear facing and forward facing.

Quoting sweetspice03:

I used the Graco ComfortSport with my dd, and she loved it.  It's rear-facing to 30 lbs, and forward-facing to 40 lbs.  I paid only $90 for mine.  We were able to use it until she outgrew it.

Since then though, Graco has put out a lot more convertible carseats.  I just looked on the website (www.gracobaby.com), and they have many that have a much higher weight limit, but they are pricier.  Even though the ComfortSport only goes to 40 lbs, it's a good option if money is tight.  

milosmom812
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I would recommend a Britax convertible car seat.  A lot of them rear face beginning at 5lbs and you can get an infant insert for the best fit.  Britax is a leader in the safety industry.  The integrated steel bars, energy absorbing versa tether, and the side impact protection were selling points.  They also have excellent customer service and a whole Youtube channel of informational videos that can help you choose your seat and help you with installation questions (http://www.youtube.com/user/BritaxUSACarSeats).  Also they have a variety of seats at multiple price points so they are affordable.  Amazon.com always has them on sale and most retailers (Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby) will match online prices and sometimes let you use an in-store coupon.  You can't go wrong with a Britax convertible!!  I am a member of the BRITAX Safety Squad - opinions expressed here are my own.

wolfybaby
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:38 PM

all carseats will be safe, as they all have to pass the tests. but if you are looking for quality, aim for a name-brand.. and if you are looking for long-term rear-facing capability and a seat that will last a long time, go for one of the Graco seats. the Size4Me/MySize [same seats different name] or the HeadWise [again same seat, but has a head surround feature]. 

these seats range in price between $140-$170 and will rear-face most children to age 4 and last forward-facing until the weight limit [there is no height limit on this seat].

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN