Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Would you? (A question about breastfeeding)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
I am due to have my 2 baby any day now. I have an almost 4 year old. The other day out of the blue she asked if she could breast feed while we were watching Tv. I laughed and said no you don't breast feed anymore. (She stopped at like 2 months old) she persisted so I said go ahead thinking she would say no, she snuggled up under my arm and put her mouth up to the side of breast, over my shirt, and started making sucking noises. I think she was just playing, seeing if I would let her. Question is, when the new baby gets here and she wants to nurse when she sees him would it be weird letting her? I have mixed feelings about it. If it were your child would you?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Sure, why not? My 3 year old nursed while I was nursing my newborn. It really wasn't that big of a deal.

JTE11
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Sure, I would. I wouldn't feel weird about it. She is probably just curious, maybe mixed with wondering if she would be allowed to get what the baby gets. Most of the time they don't know how to, or they try it and their curiosity is satisfied and they drop the issue. People even nurse their preschoolers so t's not like she is at an age where no kid ever breastfeeds. I'd say do it, because it won't hurt anything. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:31 AM
I think I am if she asks, its just a little idk awkward thinking about it since it has been year since she last nursed, she was my first and she stopped early for some reason.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM
She probably wouldn't be able to do it properly, but as long as she knows exactly what she's doing there's nothing wrong with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I would let her try if she wants. I don't see anything wrong with that.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:07 AM
I forgot to answer. I totally would. Dd had just two two months earlier when ds was born and she tried to nurse. She couldn't, laughed and continued on with her day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatmynameagain
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:49 AM
O let my three year old try. She didn't get anything out but laughed when she backed up and I playfully squirterd her in the face with milk:) she has only asked 3 times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:59 AM
Egh why not? I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Maybe though, you could take her to get a new fancy smancy big girl cup? I got dd7 a fancy glitter Starbucks tumbler once an she was so excited she used it non stop for like a month.

Then when she asks to nurse you couple be like "she sweetheart, you don't want some milk for your cup though?" She might try it once then just give up not think about it anymore and go about her day with her fancy new cup that the baby doesn't get.
bellygirl
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Yes it would be weird letting her! Breast feeding serves a purpose and that is to provide the necessary food for you growing infant/baby. It's not for fun or for a pacifier. Ugh, it's weird that you would even consider it. Tell your daughter "breast feeding is so that babies can grow to be healthy and strong like big sister. It's not for big kids." Seriously, super weird.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Good idea! I will use that if she asks again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Egh why not? I wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

Maybe though, you could take her to get a new fancy smancy big girl cup? I got dd7 a fancy glitter Starbucks tumbler once an she was so excited she used it non stop for like a month.

Then when she asks to nurse you couple be like "she sweetheart, you don't want some milk for your cup though?" She might try it once then just give up not think about it anymore and go about her day with her fancy new cup that the baby doesn't get.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)