Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you feel comfortable initiating sex?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

I've always been pretty comfortable about sex and sexual issues, so I have no hesitation about initiating sex with my husband, but I had some health issues that led me to reject his advances more often than not and now he's afraid to try for fear of rejection.

Do you feel comfortable initiating sex? Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KayBeCareful
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I'm totally comfortable with initiating sex but then I've never been turned down. All of us are very sensitive to rejection whether we admit it or not.  My experience has been that men just love it when the woman initiates sex and takes charge.  They don't want to always have to be the one who pursues or who is in charge. Sometimes they just want to lie back and be used like a sex toy--lol. It gives a man great pleasure to please his woman and makes him feel like a real man to be able to do that. 

dingysfamily
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Sure, he's my husband.  We share love, respect, trust, kids and passell of grandkids!!

NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:24 PM

yes.  we both tend to initiate the same way.  We will start to cuddle and kiss.  Sometimes one of us lets of a subtle signal that its all we are in the mood for and thats fine.  Other times we will keep raising the level of affection, waiting for the sign that its enough.  Neither of us just starts grabbing at the sweet spot.  Its a process that takes about a half hour to an hour to figure out how far it will go. 

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Same thing happened with my husband and I. I was sick many years ago and turned him down quite a bit. Got somewhat better and wanted the intimacy back but it was to late. Hubby has lost all desire and urges. Please don't let it get to that point for you.

First I would sit him down and talk to him about it. Let him know what it wasn't him you were rejecting, that you weren't well, etc. Let him know that you're still in love with him and would like to be more intimate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I am working on fixing that situation now.  I have some health issues and mental health issues that cause me to turn my husband down at least 50% of the time.  However, my husband knows this and he is basically working on a way to lower his sex drive because it is way to high and he knows I'm not up for it as much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)