Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Sex is a bad thing?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM
  • 20 Replies

That is what I was taught growing up.  My Mom and Dad never talked about it and when my Mom did it was a yucky thing. My parents sleep in different bed and I have seen them kiss maybe 10 times my 35 years and we live next door to them.  I am married to a very affectionate Man who wants to hug and kiss, cuddle and have sex quite a bit.  I have a really hard time with this.  Do you think it could be the way I was raised?  He was raised by a single mom. I'm not really sure what he seen growing up.  Sometimes I feel smothered by him. I'm very independent minded.  We have been married for almost 17 years and I feel like the whole lovey all the time thing is a little overboard.  Do you think it was the way I was raised?

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momatippie
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM

bump

famiglia_bella
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Probably has a lot to do with what you were taught.

Lunarprancer
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Yes, it was the way you were raised.

MountieMama
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Consider yourself a very lucky woman and try to embrace him like he does you.
jess80
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Idk about that...could be but I'm affectionate and my parents weren't... they divorced when I was 10 then my dad had a longtime girlfriend which they weren't affectionate around us then my mom had an abusive drunk boyfriend for years then turned lesbian.... I'm nothing like my parents lol as far as affection goes.
robin7771
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Yes, It is best that he is all over you than a younger you! Parents are raised different from our generation. We let it all hang out. Not good and not really bad. Try to get in the middle. Count your blessings!

NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Honestly Id never marry someone that wasnt comfortable with sex.  Its normal to be affectionate with your mate.  My husband and I were raised Catholic and taught sex outside marriage is sinful but what we do as a married couple is fair game!  We have been a couple over 25 years and sometimes when we are on a long drive we get so frisky we pull over somewhere private and ravage each other.  

BL2010
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Yeah, it mostly was the way you were raised. But you've been with him for almost 17 years and you're just worrying about it now. Do you enjoy sex and being with him? If so, then embrace while you both still can.

ReadWriteLuv
Allright 2015, you heinous bitch. Bring it on!
Today at 5:22 PM
by Casey on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I'm the same way. I'm not big on affection.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM

It does have a lot to do with how you were raised in my opinion.  My mother in law believes sex is only for reproductive purposes, her and her husband have their own separate rooms, and rarely are intimate.  It just looks painfully obvious things aren't as they should be when they try to act all lovey dovey.  Now, I brought her up because she was raised to believe what she does and that is why everything there is as it is.  She believe my husband and I should be the same way and chastises us for it when we are not.  I would suggest sitting down and talking with him about it but after 17 years it is a bit surprising you haven't warmed up to him more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN