Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm still in love with my ex and he's my bestfriend now, will this stop?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Ok first, yes I am 28, but I have not had alot of relationships, I never been in love and I love being bestfriends with guys. and we are best friends, he now has a gf who I met and she's nice but I am still in love with him, and he knows it. And he doesnt' care that I still love him, but I want it to stop. will it ever stop? 

ps: we were broken up since March, and stopped the whole sex thing in July :P I just had to add that. lol

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:18 PM

BUMP!

Marimaru
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:07 PM
4 moms liked this

I think you are best friends with him because you are in love with him.  I think you should back WAY off.

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM

You haven't had a lot of relationship, never been in love, but you're still in love with your ex......

could be you only think you're in love with him because you haven't had many relationships. Let him go and find someone else who is going to love you back. Wasting time on him isn't worth your time. He has moved on and so should you.

AiLi
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:13 AM

It will stop, but you have to let him go.  I've never remained in love with an ex boyfriend, but I have remained in love with an exgirlfriend.  The feelings do fade, but in order for them to fade you have to move on.  He has obviously moved on and that is why he doesn't care if you still love him.  He has someone else that he is interested in.   You just have to find someone else BUT do not go rushing into it.  If you go rushing into another relationship, then you will end up feeling more confused and such than before.  You said you broken up in March but remained 'friends with benefits' for a whole extra four months pretty much. 

You shouldn't want to be friends with someone who knows you were still in love with him but slept with you anyway knowing he couldn't return the feelings or didn't want to. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Like the others said, I think you need to put space between him and you so you can get some perspective on things and find someone new. Once you're not around him all the time and you find someone else who loves you back, you'll be able to forget this guy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 10, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Do you two have a child together? Just curious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)