Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

do you do this? fashion rut......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I am in the process of cleaning out my closet before the pole falls down. I have noticed that I have a lot of the same thing in different colors or patterns. I find that I buy too many of the same shirt or same pants because they're comfortable and look really flattering. I don't intend to but I will buy one get home it looks really nice, then I'll go back to the store and find the same shirt on sale or clearance really cheap and I'll buy two more in different colors thinking oh oh it's only 699 it's a steal I can't pass it up. then I find my closet looking packed to the seams but nothing to wear because it's all the same. another thing I'm guilty of is the same colors I have a million orange shirts, lots of pink and lots of abstract patterns in multi colors. every shirt I have is in triplicate. does anyone else do this? I was just online and I found these super soft v-neck t-shirts and they were on clearance for $4. I bought 2 of them and when I got them all I love them they were so flattering and comfortable I had to get more so I went online and found two more in colors I don't have and they went down half price to $2 so I bought them. now I'm going through my closet to make room for some of the new things that I bought and I'm noticing I have a lot of redundancy going on and I also notice I don't have certain colors. I have nothing black and nothing white. so now I'm going to try to broaden my horizons so to speak. so please tell me I am NOT the only one that does this.......
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BL2010
by Silver Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Sorry, I hate shopping so I don't have that problem. The only thing I tend to buy numerous of is pants because I have such a hard time finding ones that fit the way I like. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I have a lot of the same styles in my closet. Don't feel bad. We just moved and I am still putting my closet together. I plan on cleaning out but I feel like I always keep the same style stuff. Plus I worked for Gap for 6years so yea I have multiple in different colors. My boyfriend is always commenting on my closet.....I am paying with some but I am 5mo preggers and want to lose serious weight when I pop so I plan to clean out after. Im not a fan of buying maternity clothes do those sweaters that are a lil big will be my winter wear....
waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:46 PM

No because I don't shop for my own clothing 99% of the time. My husband has better taste then I do, lol. I would sit in sweatpants and t-shirts every day if I could.

1frog
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Me too, I hate shopping for clothes, anything else is OK. So I always end up in T-shirts and jeans or sweats, etc. If I need something nice I go out and buy the first thing that fits. Doesn't matter if I like it, I'm done, it's something to wear and will suffice for the occassion.

Quoting BL2010:

Sorry, I hate shopping so I don't have that problem. The only thing I tend to buy numerous of is pants because I have such a hard time finding ones that fit the way I like. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 12, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Not me. I have a pretty wide variety of colors and styles.

Wanna join? Click the pic!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:41 AM

I am the EXACT same way. Everything I own is a double or triple. I can't help it, if I love something why wouldn't I love it in another color? Don't feel like if you wear the shirt in 1 color you can't wear it in another color the same week. If it's a different shirt it's a different shirt. Same goes for pants or anything really. Literally everytime I order clothes online I get it in multiple colors. I even do this with shoes. If I love something, I love it. 

Pnukey
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Yep, I do that too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN