Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Baby's 1st Halloween???

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM
  • 32 Replies

Poll

Question: Did you ladies dress up your newborns for Halloween? If you did, what did you dress them up as =]???

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

My son is 25 days old and I'm getting a lot of conflicting feedback on Halloween in reference to him. I want to get him a costume for halloween even though every one is telling me theres no point because he can't eat candy yet. Have any of you ladies dressed up your newborn for halloween or did you prefer to wait until they got older??

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:43 PM

We did not.  

Some do and put them by the door dressed up so the kids that come to the door can see the baby. 

I think it is tacky for parents to carry a newborn around for candy and have no other older children.  You know who is getting the candy, lol.  I would not take a newborn out even with older kids either.  Too much hassle.

Marimaru
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:45 PM

We got a blanket and had that had a cow pattern on it for my oldest.  Her birthday is October 11th, so she was teeny tiny.

My youngest was about 3 months old for halloween, so I got her and I each a koala hat, and put her in my wrap carrier when I took my oldest out last year.  We didn't accept any candy for the baby, lol.

LilyRuiz213
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Oh no no lol I definitely wouldn't be taking him out trick or treating I was merly going to dress him up so he can go take some professional pictures, I thought it'd be a nice way to remember his first holidays. I agree, parents would have to be really tacky to parade their infant around for candy knowing they can't eat it lol

Quoting Anonymous:

We did not.  

Some do and put them by the door dressed up so the kids that come to the door can see the baby. 

I think it is tacky for parents to carry a newborn around for candy and have no other older children.  You know who is getting the candy, lol.  I would not take a newborn out even with older kids either.  Too much hassle.

LilyRuiz213
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I just have to say the cow patterned blanket is just the cutest idea ever. As is the matching Koala idea, ^_^ you guys must have looked adorable!!

Quoting Marimaru:

We got a blanket and had that had a cow pattern on it for my oldest.  Her birthday is October 11th, so she was teeny tiny.

My youngest was about 3 months old for halloween, so I got her and I each a koala hat, and put her in my wrap carrier when I took my oldest out last year.  We didn't accept any candy for the baby, lol.

armyvet06
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:53 PM

This was what we did for dd first halloween a few years ago. It was just a onsie with matching beanie and booties set and black stockings.
LilyRuiz213
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:55 PM

This picture is absolutely adorable. I love the idea. Nice and simple yet stylish and eye catching. Thank you for sharing this wonderful picture. Your baby is the cutest!! 

Quoting armyvet06:

This was what we did for dd first halloween a few years ago. It was just a onsie with matching beanie and booties set and black stockings.

Marimaru
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Valerie made a MUCH cuter koala than I did.  :)

Quoting LilyRuiz213:

I just have to say the cow patterned blanket is just the cutest idea ever. As is the matching Koala idea, ^_^ you guys must have looked adorable!!

Quoting Marimaru:

armyvet06
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Aww thank you. This pic is one of my favorites.

Quoting LilyRuiz213:

This picture is absolutely adorable. I love the idea. Nice and simple yet stylish and eye catching. Thank you for sharing this wonderful picture. Your baby is the cutest!! 

Quoting armyvet06:

Emmaleigha
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
We didn't with our son but we did with our daughter. She was in a bunting bag and she was a football haha because her brother was a football player.
-Kney-
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 9:06 AM

neither of my kids have been newborns around Halloween but yes I would just make sure you dress them warm enough just like you would the older kids.

This is my youngests first Halloween he will be 11 months old.. I am making sure he will be dressed really warm we plan on him being a Monkey hopefully we can get it this weekend.

But I do agree if they are your only child then I would go door to door with my oldest I never did even tho he was 7 months on his first Halloween I just dressed him up then took him to family houses so they could see him and to a few good friends thats it. I never did the whole door to door till he was old enough to walk and understand

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN