Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Babies and soda??

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM
  • 229 Replies
1 mom liked this
I live in a state where obesity is a major problem. I have been noticing lately when I go to the grocery store that some moms are pouring soda into their babies' bottles and giving it to them!! Is this a "normal" common thing, or just something going on in my area? I have been seeing it a lot lately but I just can't fathom how anyone would think this is a good idea...
CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:19 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm sure it's done all over the place, not just your area. Parents do alot of different things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:21 PM
16 moms liked this
They are stupid and it is done everywhere. One of many reasons for the childhood obesity epidemic.
mollgirl59
by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

They are stupid and it is done everywhere. One of many reasons for the childhood obesity epidemic.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't seen it, but it wouldn't surprise me... back in the day that was normal.

I think is stupid

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

This

Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:10 AM
I see it a lot to I think it's pretty sad but not munch u can do
Vinterland
by Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:15 AM
2 moms liked this

I haven't seen it but I'd be horrified if I did, it's just so unhealthy (all the chemicals). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:18 AM
4 moms liked this
A couple of weeks ago I witnessed my sister give her 14 month old a siooy full of Wendy's sweet tea. Then when my D's 13 months old got ahold if the cup I took it from him. She told me to loosen up IG was only a cupful. Ummm no my D's drinks water only and my dd9 hasn't even had sweet tea her.
NDADanceMom
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM
11 moms liked this

I didnt give my babies anything but breast milk until they were 1.  I even think rice cereal in a bottle is bad parenting practices so soda?  oh hell no!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I think the post means babies as 1 year to 2 years.  Not a newborn or 6 month old.  Still awful.  Crazy to put anything but breast milk, juice or formula in a bottle. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)