Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone really watch THAT much TV?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 101 Replies
2 moms liked this

I just saw a commercial for a DVR that can record up to 10 TV programs at a time.  Does anyone actually need to do this?  I understand two or three shows on at a time, but 10???  And if you do record all 10 TV shows on a regular basis, when do you possibly find the time to watch them all?  If I had that much free time, I could think of so many more great things to do with it!

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Frenchbebe
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:24 PM
4 moms liked this

I think that proably it's for the whole family.  A couple shows for the wife, a couple for the husband a couple for the kids and a couple family shows.  But you are right, no matter up that is a lot of tv.

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 17, 2013 at 6:42 PM
ours records two max at a time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SWasson
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I guess there are those people who might like to record 10 football games on Sunday afternoon, so they can watch them during the week.

Fordprefect
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 9:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I could possibly end up recording that much. I don't usually get to watch all of it unless I get sick and am stuck in bed for awhile, but I like having them there and not having to find something that's on when I do get to watch. 

Pnukey
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM
2 moms liked this

That's a lot of TV. We don't even have cable, and still manage to watch more than enough TV.

matofour
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Ours records up to six I think, maybe more.
I record everything now. Sometimes we watch it, sometimes we don't.
Rarely do we watch anything live anymore.
Plus it holds a ton. I have about ten movies dvred. The entire under the dome series.
And at least ten shows (half hour to hour shows) recorded, and I'm still at 85% space left.
Plus, the tv downstairs can pull up the dvred stuff (that we record upstairs). I record so much more now that I can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Mine does 5, but we've only ever done 4 at once before, just because a some of the shows we watched last season moved to new nights and times opposite other shows we watched, plus some new ones that started this season. Usually, though, we're only recording 2.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM

When you have an active family, and several people in the family that enjoy different shows that are on at the same time .. not such a lot.   Just depends on people's own opinions of what is a lot actually.

Quoting Frenchbebe:

I think that proably it's for the whole family.  A couple shows for the wife, a couple for the husband a couple for the kids and a couple family shows.  But you are right, no matter up that is a lot of tv.

beeuk
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Sounds like a good thing! Alot so of shows I watch and the partner watch are all on the same time and day! like 3 different shows each and our sky only records 2 programs at once. We normally have a lazy sunday and play catch up starting from like 7 am haha.

Kfdmrw9312
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this

our Dvr only records two at a time, it's lame. I do watch a decent amount of t.v. tho when I have free time, usually I'm always busy with the kids when the actual shows are on, so thank goodness for DVR

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)