Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

People that let their dogs run loose make me so mad!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

This morning, my seven year old and I stood in front of our house waiting for the bus. I saw a German Shepherd running around and sent my son in the house because I wasn't sure if it was nice or not. I thought the dog was gone and waved him to come back out. Suddenly the dog tore out of our neighbors yard and charged at us, barking and snarling. I yelled at it and he backed off a bit while my son ran inside the house. My poor kid, who LOVES animals, was absolutely terrified. We missed the bus and I had a hell of a time getting him out the door to get in the car to go to school. I understand that dogs accidentally get loose, but my older son has seen him in our yard before. Apparently, it happens on a regular basis. I love animals, but I will not hesitate to crack it over the head with a bat if it comes after us again. I will protect my kids. You would think if someone has an aggressive dog, they would be more careful. Animal control is looking for the owners. They didn't catch the dog though.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
EmmeBee
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM

At least it was most likely an accident.  I have a dog aggressive dog who I of course always walk on a leash.  I live in an apt in L.A. so of course I have no other option when it comes to letting her out.  It really irritates me when people let their dog out free in their yard, or let it walk beside them without a leash.  Half the time the dog runs over to ''greet" my dog, and while the other dog is just being friendly, my dog is NOT.  And then when I pull my dog away or attempt to pick her up (she's 35 pounds and not the type of dog you generally 'pick up') the owner of the loose dog yells, "it's okay, my dog is friendly."  Goody for you, a$$hole, now why not try following the law and keeping your 'friendly' dog on a leash!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Quoting EmmeBee:

At least it was most likely an accident.  I have a dog aggressive dog who I of course always walk on a leash.  I live in an apt in L.A. so of course I have no other option when it comes to letting her out.  It really irritates me when people let their dog out free in their yard, or let it walk beside them without a leash.  Half the time the dog runs over to ''greet" my dog, and while the other dog is just being friendly, my dog is NOT.  And then when I pull my dog away or attempt to pick her up (she's 35 pounds and not the type of dog you generally 'pick up') the owner of the loose dog yells, "it's okay, my dog is friendly."  Goody for you, a$$hole, now why not try following the law and keeping your 'friendly' dog on a leash!

Yeah, people only consider themselves, not the fact that another dog might not be friendly or that no matter how friendly their dog is, some people don't want them near them. My friend's daughter is afraid of dogs, friendly or not. She should never feel scared walking down the sidewalk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)