Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wants support and affection--how do i do that?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

Good afternoon everyone...so, I am in a relationship supposed to be getting married some day soon-no ring but got the offer and still waiting on confirmation that he is truly ready. Anyway, we cant talk to each other: he thinks I have ridiculous thoughts and no solutions and he doesnt like to talk with me for more than one reason mostly that I cannot help him. He says he needs a friend and that I cannot be that for him_but all he needs is someone to support him and give him hugs and affection/sex...Background--I was rejected from giving him too much affection before and now I dunno how to be that person anymore.

I dont like to talk to him as he thinks my thoughts and feelings are illegitimate. We dont see things the same but I do want to make him feel supported and loved but I dont know how. I cook and clean and do for our son; he doesnt agree that i do so well as he is a picky 2yr old and doesn eat much and I dont take him outside much but I do teach him things and read to him and EVERYTHING else! I get no help or "support." I dont get the hugs and kisses and the love that he although shunned before demands from me now...

What do I do here? What is he asking me to do??? Just morph into this super mom that delivers the perfect child and all hot bountiful meals on the table all day everyday, outside loving nature ball that gives the kid the best time of his life outdoors daily and still have a clean and fully functional house and look like a model-body, face and hair??? To top it off be the best bedroom play toy ever at the turn of the key every day/night for him no matter the issues I come accross with my body but improvise to please him--all the while he does what he wants and claims such distress in his life !! WTF?!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Looks like you two are incompatible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Im starting to think that too, but i cant imagine separating at this point...I do love him and I want us to be a family just a happy one not so miserable as we are now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Do not marry him. Run for the hills. Things will not change.
KayBeCareful
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Runnnnn....

Docgirl2000
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:48 PM
He not only disregards your feelings he tells you they're illegitimate? Personally, i feel if he truly cared for you he would never dismiss your feelings that harshly.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do not marry him. Run for the hills. Things will not change.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momwith2under2
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM
I've been married eight years now and feel like my husband acts that same way. We're very close to getting divorced. Good luck.
xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 5:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't understand why you think you should marry him. You two don't communicate and he doesn't care how you feel. A marriage without communication and respect won't work. 

massenburg
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM

sounds like just be my sex toy and shut the hell up !! lol really  do you need him that bad. look honey theres more fish in the sea. Men are like street cars you miss one on one corner, catch one on the next. Get busy lady ! hes a loser.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Sounds like he wants a thing, not a wife.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Don't get married..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)