Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

The Walking Dead for toddlers

Posted by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM
  • 42 Replies

One of my close friends watches The Walking dead with her two and a half year old. I've been at their house and witnessed her daughter enjoying the show with her, yelling about the zombies being near, not bothered or traumatized by the show at all. It led to my curiousity of wondering if you guys also have your kids watching your fav. (albeit adult) shows with you?

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The_Doodle
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM

For the most part we don't for various reasons. She does not watch walking dead with us because the zombies scare her. Dexter had graphic sex scenes in the last season. The other stuff we were fine with her watching, but we usually watched it after her bedtime just so that we wouldn't have to listen to the show over her running around.

Kfdmrw9312
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 8:56 PM

thanks for the feedback hun

Quoting The_Doodle:

For the most part we don't for various reasons. She does not watch walking dead with us because the zombies scare her. Dexter had graphic sex scenes in the last season. The other stuff we were fine with her watching, but we usually watched it after her bedtime just so that we wouldn't have to listen to the show over her running around.

momofthem311
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Our kids, 5 and 11 love to watch The Walking Dead with me. Our 5 yr old plays Black Ops with the zombies, he doesn't scare easily when it comes to tv shows or games.
Now if we were to take him to a haunted house, which we wouldn't ever, he'd be scared big time!
Kfdmrw9312
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:21 PM

BUMP!

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM
My three year old never watched anything scary and as a result she's terrified of everything (including the dinosaur from ice age) ds (who is younger) watches his father play his stupidly violent video games and his horror movies. We don't have cable though, so I've never watched the walking dead and I don't watch tv at all anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM

We don't let our boys watch the walking dead because some of the stuff on there is really scary and don't think youngs eyes show be watching this kind of show but also my oldest gets scary easy.

dayskitty
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM
I watch The Walking Dead with my Grandson,but he is 13.. He has a 6 year old sister who cant watch it ..
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM

No I never di but my husband let my daughter watch "The Godfather" with him when she was a toddler. She didn't seem to have any ill effects from it but I myself wouldn't let a toddler watch either show.

DeLaLi
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Oh my, no. DD is two and she isn't allowed to watch stuff like that.

marchantmom06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM
2 moms liked this
My kids love horror movies. We don't sensor stuff like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)