Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

If you could choose the sex of your baby, would you do it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies

I went with my aunt who is trying to conceive to her latest appointment. She's about to go through IVF and needed to have a final checkup. Anyway, she'd been really nervous about the IVF coming up so, to allay her fears about IVF, the doctor said, "Don't worry. We have everything down to such a science now that you can choose the color of your baby's eyes and the sex of the baby!" He's such a kidder that she immediately started laughing. He sat there looking at her with such a straight face for so long, however, that she asked, "Really?" The doctor lost it then, laughed and said, "No, but we're getting there. Now, feet up." LOL

If you had the ability to choose whether you'd have a boy or a girl, would you made the choice? What would you choose and why?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhow
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I would have the with the second one, did not "want" 2 girls.

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Well first I would choose a boy (which I got). Then I'd choose a girl. I don't care about eye color or anything else like that.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I wouldn't pick the gender. Dh and I disagree so it wouldn't be fair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM

yes i would...i've always wanted only 2 children. a boy first and then a girl.

i got my boy...we're working on the girl now. if i could choose i would def choose to have a girl this time.

eye color/hair color and stuff i wouldn't care about

Stephd710
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Im not gonna lie.  Yes i would have all girls.  I have 2 girls now, they are twins.  I was SO happy when i found out.  I just dont "feel" like a mom of boys.  Ive felt that way my whole life.  

angiejones256
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I'd pick a girl next. That's what we're going to try for next
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 6:03 PM

you can choose your babys sex   I saw it at the clinic when we went for dh SA 

jennyboom83
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Boy...all the way. Much easier for me then my girls. Girls are a lot of work and each and everything must be perfect lol

AMRios
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:35 PM

I would have with my 2nd but now that he is here I know I would have made a huge mistake... I had 3 boys trying for a girl but my boys are my world now!

thatgirl70
by Carin on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Yes I would, no question. I wanted a girl, I would be trying my hardest to get pregnant again if I was guaranteed a girl. Don't get me wrong, I love my boy more than anything in this world and I would not trade him for anything. But if I had a second child, hands down I would want a girl, and I would deliberately pick it if the opportunity was given to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)