Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Do you have a favorite child?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 15 Replies

by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaffItUpFzbl
by on Oct. 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM
4 moms liked this

No, but I enjoy each of my kids in a different way and relate to each of them individually. Sometimes I want to spend more time with one of them than the other two. But I don't think I could say I like one best. Maybe when they're older and I'm relating to them more as a confidante and guide, rather than a direct caregiver. Until your kids are old enough to be friends, it would be unhealthy to relegate them to the friend category and like one more than the rest. When they're independent, though, it probably happens to most parents. 

PoliteisRight
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Well said:

Quoting LaffItUpFzbl:

No, but I enjoy each of my kids in a different way and relate to each of them individually. Sometimes I want to spend more time with one of them than the other two. But I don't think I could say I like one best. Maybe when they're older and I'm relating to them more as a confidante and guide, rather than a direct caregiver. Until your kids are old enough to be friends, it would be unhealthy to relegate them to the friend category and like one more than the rest. When they're independent, though, it probably happens to most parents. 

Ryanswifey42012
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I was trying to figure out how to answer that question but you answered it perfectly.

Quoting LaffItUpFzbl:

Connie04
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, yes, I do......our son and he's an only child, so it's allowed :-)!

jl89
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I only have one child. So, my daughter is my favorite, of course!

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, love them all ... even the 3 I didn't give birth to, I love as much as the 2 I did give birth to.  However, if you ask my youngest dd if I have a favorite ... or any of the other kids for that matter ... they will tell you I favor our youngest son (& he is technically my stepson!).  They will say he's everyone's favorite almost ... but then again the girls will all say they are their daddy's favorite!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Yes my oldest
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Wichever one is listening to me that day lol
PoliteisRight
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Ha ha, so funny and pretty much true :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
And if their both not listening I threatened to put them both up for adoption lol but they dont care

Quoting PoliteisRight:

Ha ha, so funny and pretty much true :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN