Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Live in nanny cost

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I'm technically a live in nanny, I get up at 9am and take care of two other kids plus mine. Ages 1.5, 4, and almost 5. Around 3:30 another child is added age 6. From 9am to 3:30 I do all the chores/duties that a wife would do plus some. From 3:30 to 6:30 I take care of four kids all together. This is Monday through Friday, I then put all but the 1.5 yr old to bed at 8pm. Plus any babysitting. No I don't complain about any of it. Here is what I want to know.

Based on all of this info house much should I be getting paid? I pay $200 in rent for a room I share with my son plus $200 in food.

My roommate wants me to pay $400 in rent plus the above, chores/duties/care.

This all came about because she has more bills then she can afford and refuses to get rid of the unnecessary items till she can afford them.

Help is what I am being asked wrong? I share all areas except my room.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I was thinking of getting a live in Nanny when my sister moves out. How much would u like (I don't know how to go about and get one so I'm asking if I was to hire one how much should.we pay her?) not trying to make this should sound mean. :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you taking care of her kids? If so... she should be paying you.
AMRios
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Tell her you will move out and she can pay you full price to babysit her kids... I do not think you should pay rent at all... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:12 PM
A typical nanny around here (Seattle) earns $10-15 an hr.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was thinking of getting a live in Nanny when my sister moves out. How much would u like (I don't know how to go about and get one so I'm asking if I was to hire one how much should.we pay her?) not trying to make this should sound mean. :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Oh ok so it's by hour not pur day!?

Quoting Anonymous:

A typical nanny around here (Seattle) earns $10-15 an hr.

Quoting Anonymous:

TatyBear
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I was a live in nanny before I had kids. I was paid 700 a week. And took care of one child from 8am to 5pm mon-Friday. No rent or food, it was covered.

But I was also 16-18. And it was my Aunt so I watched my cousin who was 2 till she was 4.
my4boys2002
by Bronze Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 11:25 PM
We had a live in nanny for years when she left she was paid 800.00 per week. She had weekends, holidays off and a weeks paid vacation
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AuntieM
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM
So you're paying her to let you watch her kids?? That's not right. If you're watching her kids for free, plus cleaningthe house, you shouldn't be paying anything. If nothing else your room and board should be free. Sounds like you are getting screwed darling'.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I can top it all off they just kicked me out changed the locks and everything. So I will be taking them to court for my usage.

Quoting AuntieM:So you're paying her to let you watch her kids?? That's not right. If you're watching her kids for free, plus cleaningthe house, you shouldn't be paying anything. If nothing else your room and board should be free. Sounds like you are getting screwed darling'.
AuntieM
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Good luck. I don't think you'll be able to get anything unless you had a written agreement stating what was expected of you and how much you were to be paid. With nothing in writing there is no proof. But I wish you well and hope things get better for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can top it all off they just kicked me out changed the locks and everything. So I will be taking them to court for my usage.

Quoting AuntieM:So you're paying her to let you watch her kids?? That's not right. If you're watching her kids for free, plus cleaningthe house, you shouldn't be paying anything. If nothing else your room and board should be free. Sounds like you are getting screwed darling'.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW! What a ride!!"

http://www.myspace.com/monicad2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)