Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When a friend 'drops by', do you quickly try and clean up..ugg?

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:21 PM
  • 27 Replies

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeAndTommyLee
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this

The only persons that simply  drop by is family.   I don't have an open door policy for anyone else.  Since the house is regularly cleaned I have no issues with being embarrassed or needing to make excuses.

Aslen
by Bronze Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM
2 moms liked this
Nope. If they stop without calling they can deal with it
Sister_Someone
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

No. All the people I'd let into my home are those who know me well enough that I don't feel like I have to hide anything in front of them.

waytomanykids10
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, the only people that jsut stop by are family and a select few friends. My house gets cleaned every day so it is rarely a mess.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Yes. I attempt to straighten.
JocelynMoods
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM
1 mom liked this

We live far away from family and friends so no one ever comes by. I used to though. I am not so great at organizing, so my house always seems cluttery.

KayBeCareful
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

NP for me. I don't permit drop-ins.  

It may take a while to get people trained so they understand that what you want and need is just as important as what they want and need. When that gets through to them, they will be considerate of you. Especially if you don't answer the door.

xoxRachelxox
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 3:03 PM
1 mom liked this
No I clean all the time so my house is almost always visitor ready. I make sure to keep it that way because I did have family drop by unannounced once and my house was a mess. I was so embarrassed. I don't want that to happen again.
PoliteisRight
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM

YES, finally someone like me. I love that my friends like to stop by, but for a couple of friends-who's homes are PERFECT-I feel the need to do a quick pick up :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. I attempt to straighten.

PoliteisRight
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Ha Ha, I know what you mean :)

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

No I clean all the time so my house is almost always visitor ready. I make sure to keep it that way because I did have family drop by unannounced once and my house was a mess. I was so embarrassed. I don't want that to happen again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)