Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Not dressing up VS Dressing up when you go out etc.

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 17 Replies

Well we all see it whether it be on E or reality shows. The women who are moms even when at home look amazing. They have the cutest outfits on,make up perfect and so forth. 

My question is; do you other moms not do this?

For me yes, I love looking nice. When I go out I dress up, look nice and have my make up looking all cute.

BUT
when I am home I usually look like this:

I always feel like  I am the worst haha Because I don't look really nice. But the thing is if I wear all my nice things for the house , I'll get spit up on them they will get worn out etc. Please tell me I am not the only mom who stays home and gets her house work done but just doesn't look  like a step-ford wife ....

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I don't dress up much if at all. Lol. I rarely wear makeup. I looked horrible yesterday. I was hauling off the tree my husband had cut down and ran a couple other errands. I was filthy and hair a mess. Red from the heat. All the guys took me much more seriously though. Normally when I actually look like a girl in Home Depot they try and be really nice while asking if I know what the hell I'm doing. Ha!
AshlyHeart
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Well I am glad! I always feel like crap . I feel like I'm the only one. I'm hispanic so growing up , you have to look nice all the time even to go to the grocery store. So, that stuck with me, I do though sometimes go out looking a mess but I feel like everyone judges me haha  but at home I'm like NOPE big hoodie leggings or pj's for me!   

Vinterland
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:51 PM

It's not necessary to be all dressed up to be at home, in my opinion. I do love dressing up to go out though but at home, I prefer to be comfortable (although I shower and keep my hair neat and such, haha).

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I generally live in jeans, tank tops and tshirts, regardless of whether I'm in or out of the house. It's just how I dress. I also almost always have my hair in a ponytail or bun and I don't wear make up. Technically I'm always dressed since I wake up and put my jeans on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AshlyHeart
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Thank goodness! If I was the only one I'd feel pretty not cyte LOL

Quoting Vinterland:

It's not necessary to be all dressed up to be at home, in my opinion. I do love dressing up to go out though but at home, I prefer to be comfortable (although I shower and keep my hair neat and such, haha).

AshlyHeart
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM

It's good to know there are normal girls like us out there. To be dressed to the T's ALL the time is exhausting!

Quoting polkaspots:

I generally live in jeans, tank tops and tshirts, regardless of whether I'm in or out of the house. It's just how I dress. I also almost always have my hair in a ponytail or bun and I don't wear make up. Technically I'm always dressed since I wake up and put my jeans on.

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:24 PM
I've basically dressed like this since middle school, although I do wear long skirts in the spring and fall.

Quoting AshlyHeart:

It's good to know there are normal girls like us out there. To be dressed to the T's ALL the time is exhausting!

Quoting polkaspots:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
Allright 2015, you heinous bitch. Bring it on!
Yesterday at 5:22 PM
by Casey on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I at the very least do my hair everyday. I have to flat iron it, if it's kinky or sticking up in places it bugs me to the point of anxiety, I have to flatten it.  I don't wear make up all of the time, I believe in giving your skin a break. 

If I leave the house for errands I put on jeans. At home I have no problem wearing shorts or yoga pants, I do always get dressed cute if we have company coming over though. 

KayBeCareful
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I don't permit drop-in company so no one sees the plain me. I only look like a Stepford Wife when I go out.

lilith718
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM

I rarely dress up. Never at home I wear usually tshirts and shorts that look like they should be put in the garbage. Some I have had for about 15 years. LOL!! My youngest son says he is gonna buy me some clothes. I have nice clothes to wear when I go out. I usually will put them on but no makeup. I usually get told I look to young to have children as old as mine. I did not have any grey hair hardly at all till this year and to be honest with the way my life has been why my hair is not snow white I don't understand. I just have a low self esteem and do not feel pretty so I think why should I try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN