Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Need opinions on situation with DH

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
This aggravates me to no extent-

DH lost the damn mail key to our apt when losing his whole set of keys while going to our campground. We haven't made it back to check bc very busy schedules but his parents have been and said they can't find them. I swear they aren't there.

Anyways- now I can't get my mail when this task should be a no brainer like come on!!!

A new key is $75 at our complex which is gonna have to wait a couple checks.

We can go down to ask for a key and they want it right back I don't think they like when you ask. So I hate doing it. Don't you think this should be DH 's duty to godown there and ask? God I have things from ebay coming and how effing stupid it'll be in my box unable to get to..

Just venting
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:43 PM
You are the one that stands to lose if you don’t ask for a key.

When you get a key make a copy for yourself.
ididntdoit111
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM

My guess is these keys say " Do Not Duplicate"  on them so making several copies won't be an option. 

Yes, your dh should go and ask for the mail once in a while. Did he lose them cause he was buzzed and not careful or was this a legit loss? (hole in his pocket, pterodactyl carried them off...)

Too bad if the managers don't like you asking. Do it anyhow. Mail is important and  the replacement is expensive. Can you save over a couple checks to ease the burden? Or amybe ask the post office to hold your mail and you can pick it up...if you really hate asking for the key that bad.

alexabimom
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM
If I don't have my mailbox key, I watch for the mailman and ask for my mail. He just asks to see my ID. And yes, I think he should be the one asking for the key.
othermom
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Who ever has the time should go down and borrow the key, maybe every other day or so just so you don't bother them to much. I would just get it done.

Pnukey
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Ask the post office to hold your mail. 

sunflower37
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM

He should be the one to go and ask since he was the one who misplaced them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)