Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woman Media And Weight

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just had my first son April 26th I have lost most of my baby weight I just have 5 lbs left and I want to lose 20 more lbs for myself. With that said.

Why is weight such a BIG deal?

Women are curvy! I don't mean obese or unhealthy curvy. I'm talking about girls who wear size 9 10 11 12 13 14  or 15 . Why is that considered plus size when most women are those sizes . The sad part is men aren't really the bad guys in this. Women are. We are the worst critiques! And we are ruthless and mean to one another. And the big issue is we are all INSECURE about something. 

So, why can't we just get along and accept one another with love and open arms? Bullying won't make someone less skinny or prettier. It just gets me so mad. 

One thing is to be healthy for you and work out but to shame other woman about their weight? NO.  I just wish WE as woman could come together and just ACCEPT all the beauty we each provide. Media has painted a disgusting picture of what a woman should be. Not even models recognize themselves, with the thanks of photo-shop.

I myself want to lose weight I am insecure and know I would be happier a bit smaller having a baby changes your body completly I used to love my body before the pregnancy, and I loved it during pregnancy but after is what I have ahd to get used to. My body will never be the same and I need to accept that be happy and enjoy my life and just keep working hard on my weight goals.

We are al beautiful we should cheer one another on! 

Peace and Love

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:58 PM
Well sizes have changed. 30 years ago a 14 today was a 16 or 18. That being said some women are obese even at a 12 if they are short. Someone 6 ft tall is a nice 12.
A size 1 today was a 5 30 years ago.
No one should bully but we should strive to be healthy and a healthy weight for our height. For me at 5 ft 2, 131 is overweight. I was 105 in hs and that was a good weight for me then. Now 125 is decent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Bump
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 29, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Nah, not really. I think I'm epically fucking awesome. 

Quoting AshlyHeart:

And the big issue is we are all INSECURE about something. 

Wanna join? Click the pic!

pandybear1118
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 1:51 PM

i definitely feel this way. it shouldn't matter but the reality is is that women's body issues are here to stay and i really don't think that theres too much we can do to change it. at the end of the day it should only matter what you're comfortable with. and you're right about guys my husband says that guys will literally do anything that's female

fudgybuddymom
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Amen!

NewMom11222011
by Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 8:49 PM

There was a thread on CM months ago about obesity being defined by the health community as a disease and you should have seen the vitriol that flowed toward overweight women!

Mama2Spencerninja

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Oct. 30, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Well, technically, the morbidly obese in this country are about to become everyone's problem. I'm not talking about the people that are over "normal" weight and healthy, and it has nothing to do with image, but people with self-imposed medical conditions from being grossly overweight are going to cost everyone more money with the new health care law. I suspect there will be much more vitriol to come. The obesity epidemic in this country is something that we are all about to pay for. I suspect smokers are about to see a massive backlash as well, the rest of the country will be paying for their COPD, emphysema, and lung cancer.

Quoting NewMom11222011:

There was a thread on CM months ago about obesity being defined by the health community as a disease and you should have seen the vitriol that flowed toward overweight women!

Wanna join? Click the pic!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 30, 2013 at 10:08 AM

The "food" industry and the pyramid that the gov't puts out emphasizing grains both contribute. 

The "food" industry puts out products that they know are addictive so people will spend more and eat more.

Plus the overemphasis on grains that are what really pack the pounds on.

1. Obesity - The Various Causes and How to Avoid Them | Mercola.com

obesity.mercola.com/
    Read about facts on obesity and learn about obesity statistics, causes, and the currentobesity epidemic.
  2. Branding Obesity as a Disease: Who Benefits from It? - Mercola

articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/.../branding-obesity.aspx
    Jul 6, 2013 - The American Medical Association declares obesity a disease without looking closely at the cause, and now, two new weight loss drugs are ...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)