Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you dream about other men?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

Lately I have been dreaming about a certain ex and another childhood male friend from the past. In my dreams I am either cheating, or my husband left me and I was just getting to know someone else. Is this bad? I wake up feeling horrible, but at the same time distant from my hubby. I know they are just dreams, and I have no desire to stray. 

I love my husband with all my heart but my dreams are actually effecting how I feel when Im awake. 

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Merstarr
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

I think you need to put it out of your mind. Your subconscience will feed on you anxiety and you will dream more and more in the direction you don't want to. I think you are just human, and cannot control your dreams and need to forgive yourself if what you are dreaming makes you uncomfortable. Dream analysis usually will present an opposite reality is reflected in our dreams. Perhaps your dreams are just a manifestation of memories trying to show you how you have evolved from your past to present person. Bottom line: you love your husband and you are faithful? Then do not feel guilty or worry about it.

NoahsMommy10412
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I've had those dreams too

AWallewein
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:24 PM

I am faithfull, but honestly sometimes I miss my ex, he was really good at making me feel beautiful and smart and my husband kind of does the opposite at times. Also my best friend is sleeping with him and I always have to hear about how amazing he is. Guess it brings back old memories. Is that bad?

Quoting Merstarr:

I think you need to put it out of your mind. Your subconscience will feed on you anxiety and you will dream more and more in the direction you don't want to. I think you are just human, and cannot control your dreams and need to forgive yourself if what you are dreaming makes you uncomfortable. Dream analysis usually will present an opposite reality is reflected in our dreams. Perhaps your dreams are just a manifestation of memories trying to show you how you have evolved from your past to present person. Bottom line: you love your husband and you are faithful? Then do not feel guilty or worry about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Its normal. just think of it as a movie or something so it doesnt affect you.

KayBeCareful
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course, that's not bad. It's perfectly normal.  I don't think it's the dreams that are affecting how you feel when you are awake.  I think it's the GUILT you feel about those dreams that is affecting you negatively.. 

I believe that if you can get rid of the feelings of guilt you'll be able to put the past in the past where it belongs. You can even use those dreams to make your sex life with your husband better.  We all have fantasies and/or dreams about people other than our spouses and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.  I had one just last night and it was hot and fun--lol.  

WitchyMom2
by New Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I have dreamed about other men and wild sex but, not with an ex. Either way, it's not something to be upset about. If you dream about falling, you don't assume you want to jump off a cliff, right. Try to relax.
Karla1948
by VS120 Lady on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I dream about my late husband. Even though I'm dating again. He's where I'd rather be.

GwenGray
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM

if your prego it's probably that. 

GwenGray
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I'm sorry for your loss, must be hard *hugs* :(

Quoting Karla1948:

I dream about my late husband. Even though I'm dating again. He's where I'd rather be.

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I plan on enlisting into the army as soon as possible to serve my country and see some action. I have a great boy friend who loves my kids as much as I love them! If you are interested in belly dance or sword fighting but don't know where to start, go a head and ask me!

AWallewein
by Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Thats what I was thinking but im not sure im preggers. I havent had a period since sep 15 and just today I wiped and the tiniest of a tiny but of red showed up when I wiped. I just took a test like literally 5 min ago and its showing the faintest of a faint line and i cant tell if its just the spot where the line is supposed to be or if it is a line.. very frustrated right now lol

Quoting GwenGray:

if your prego it's probably that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)