Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

I LOVE God, but don't always enjoy going to Church...what about you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 1, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes it is harder for me to go to church if I do not have friends or family that I know there (I have some social anxiety). It's not that I hate going, its just that it feels awkward for me being surrounded by people that I don't know. Sometimes it was still awkward even when I was with friends or family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I totally understand.  It is also uncomfortable for me also, at times I go as it is beginning and leave before the socializing starts.  I am better if I go with someone.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sometimes it is harder for me to go to church if I do not have friends or family that I know there (I have some social anxiety). It's not that I hate going, its just that it feels awkward for me being surrounded by people that I don't know. Sometimes it was still awkward even when I was with friends or family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL! I wish I could have left before socialization but my church always started the "get up and greet your neighbors" part of the service at the very beginning. They would always wait about ten minutes before actually resuming the service. I grew up in a Methodist church that was filled mostly with elderly members and no one my age so the meet and greet was always horrible for me. They were nice but it was just too awkward for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh my gosh, I always wondered if I was the only one feeling awkward doing the meet your neighbor time.  Everyone is super nice, but I amd not super comfortable doing this, I should just not over-think it... :)

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL! I wish I could have left before socialization but my church always started the "get up and greet your neighbors" part of the service at the very beginning. They would always wait about ten minutes before actually resuming the service. I grew up in a Methodist church that was filled mostly with elderly members and no one my age so the meet and greet was always horrible for me. They were nice but it was just too awkward for me.

momofthem311
by Silver Member on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I dont believe in god so obviously I do not go to church. I can sure give advice though. Maybe its not the right church for you? Can you find another church in your area that suits your beliefs? Or maybe go to a friends church? Hope you find what you are looking for.

Sj218
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm a divorced mom and it is very awkward going to church alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Yes, I have a few more to check out.  I really love a place to go to put a pause on our busy life and just be grateful.  Thank you!

Quoting momofthem311:

I dont believe in god so obviously I do not go to church. I can sure give advice though. Maybe its not the right church for you? Can you find another church in your area that suits your beliefs? Or maybe go to a friends church? Hope you find what you are looking for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I know what you mean, and it should not be uncomfortable, I think its just me.  I see people coming by themselves and it's not big deal. 

Quoting Sj218:

I'm a divorced mom and it is very awkward going to church alone.

TheWeirdoMom
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM
5 moms liked this

Its a good thing the chruch isnt God then, isnt it? Its just a place full of people. Faith isnt a limited thing. You can have it in spades and never once set foot in a church of any kind. God is not limited to a church either. He is with you weather you are in a church or under a bridge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:03 PM

YES!!

Quoting TheWeirdoMom:

Its a good thing the chruch isnt God then, isnt it? Its just a place full of people. Faith isnt a limited thing. You can have it in spades and never once set foot in a church of any kind. God is not limited to a church either. He is with you weather you are in a church or under a bridge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)