Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Bicyclist Vent

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

Bear with me while I vent, please. I need to get this out. Near the entrance to my subdivision there was a lady on her bike. I had plenty of room, no oncoming traffic, so I went around her a little. Put my turn signal back on, checked my mirrors a couple times, and she was far enough back for me to get back over and make my turn into the subdivision. When I went to turn onto my street, she was behind me, not that big a deal. I spent a few minutes in my car changing my clocks (I have 2), getting my purse, etc. When I got out there she was on the road on her bike "ya know ya almost killed me back there." I told her then she'd done something, because I had checked my mirrors twice and my turn was perfectly safe. "It wouldn't have killed you to have waited 2 seconds." No, but I didn't need to, I retorted, I had plenty of room, you screwed something up, or taking something out on me. You have no bumps, bruises or scratches and your bike is fine, and helmet intact. If I almost killed you I doubt that would be the case. So she bursts out with "Oh my God!" I turn to put some more things into the garage calling her a dumb bitch as I went. In those few seconds in the garage she was gone, and she's not a neighbor. She had gone out of her way to tell me off. I am always courteous to bikers, why can't they be the same way to drivers? Just because she was pissed off at something else she decided to go out of her way and take it out on me.  AAARRRGGGHHH!

Edit: Clarity

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
PinkButterfly66
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Wow.  I almost got run over by a bike courier riding like a maniac on the sidewalk in DC.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM
I hate people on bikes. Pet peeve of mine. Sounds like that lady sounds like she owns the road.
In our neighborhood it is the people walking in the middle of the road pushing a stroller and refuse to get over or kids playing in the road. I wanna say The road is for cars people so don't give me dirty looks for driving on it, lol. At homeowners meetings people yell that their kids are in the road and about to get run over. HELLO, teach your kid to play in our 2 acre yards and our huge drivways.
1frog
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I've been to D.C. and I've seen those couriers fly by. Ridiculous.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Wow.  I almost got run over by a bike courier riding like a maniac on the sidewalk in DC.  

1frog
by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I don't mind the single biker, but when they ride 6 across and refuse to move over or even look for cars that aggravates me to no end.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate people on bikes. Pet peeve of mine. Sounds like that lady sounds like she owns the road.
In our neighborhood it is the people walking in the middle of the road pushing a stroller and refuse to get over or kids playing in the road. I wanna say The road is for cars people so don't give me dirty looks for driving on it, lol. At homeowners meetings people yell that their kids are in the road and about to get run over. HELLO, teach your kid to play in our 2 acre yards and our huge drivways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)