Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Let's Chat! 11/7

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM
  • 50 Replies

Let's Chat!

What's on your mind today? Are you ready for the weekend?

Tell us what's on your mind...

• Reply to this post and let us know what's on your mind today!
  • Chat with the other members by Quoting their replies.

falling_leavesSteph

**Chat with us ANONYMOUSLY!**

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cricket2013
by New Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Just really worried about money right now. 

Child support hasn't come for the third week in a row. My ex is usually really good about sending it, too

My mom is helping us with groceries, but we're really missing all the freedom we were getting. We have to just stay home a lot or go do things that don't cost money.

The doctor said that I can't work for another two months, because I've got some health problems to overcome right now.

I'm trying to stay positive, get some rest and be grateful for the comforts of home. I guess this is what I need right now. God must be preparing me for something.

At least I can drive again, lol. I couldn't drive for 10 days because I fractured my wrist two weeks ago. It healed very quickly. Probably because of all the rest I've gotten and the meditation I started doing again.

I know it's a messed up, sorry situatioin. It's even embarrassing, so I've been laying low at this time.

It's just getting lonely right now, so I'd better just get up at do things.

Music is helping me stay positive, too. It's one of my lifelong passions. 

Thanks for listening

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Honestly the biggest thing on my mind is my brother and sister in law.  They are having marital problems and I am just worried.  I called and talked with my little brother and hopefully it helped.  We shall see.

As far as being ready for this weekend...I am not really.  The norm here in our household is controlled chaos considering we have 4 children and we are all running in different directions and getting home at different times. 

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM

((HUGS)) I completely understand. Money's really tight for us, too, but it's worse when there's nothing coming in like you have right now. I'm sorry you're dealing with so much, but glad you're on the mend! Keeping positive can really help things to improve, too. Do you play an instrument?

Quoting Cricket2013:

Just really worried about money right now. 

Child support hasn't come for the third week in a row. My ex is usually really good about sending it, too

My mom is helping us with groceries, but we're really missing all the freedom we were getting. We have to just stay home a lot or go do things that don't cost money.

The doctor said that I can't work for another two months, because I've got some health problems to overcome right now.

I'm trying to stay positive, get some rest and be grateful for the comforts of home. I guess this is what I need right now. God must be preparing me for something.

At least I can drive again, lol. I couldn't drive for 10 days because I fractured my wrist two weeks ago. It healed very quickly. Probably because of all the rest I've gotten and the meditation I started doing again.

I know it's a messed up, sorry situatioin. It's even embarrassing, so I've been laying low at this time.

It's just getting lonely right now, so I'd better just get up at do things.

Music is helping me stay positive, too. It's one of my lifelong passions. 

Thanks for listening

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:01 AM

You're a good sister to worry and call him up like that. I'm sure he appreciated your guidance and hopefully that will help.

How old are your children?

Quoting Anonymous:

Honestly the biggest thing on my mind is my brother and sister in law.  They are having marital problems and I am just worried.  I called and talked with my little brother and hopefully it helped.  We shall see.

As far as being ready for this weekend...I am not really.  The norm here in our household is controlled chaos considering we have 4 children and we are all running in different directions and getting home at different times. 

poshkat
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Having phone issues with straight talk. Other than that, nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm thinking about changes coming up in the near future. Have a chance/opportunity to be on an upcoming TLC show and I'm just nervous. Because its not something I thought I would ever do but I see how important it is and what good things can come from it.
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I'm thinking about the house inspection that's supposed to happen today & wondering when the $207 that Walmart voided will come back on my card! It's been 5 days since they voided it & it's not back yet!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I have a 23 yo son, a 21 yo daughter, an 11 yo son and an 8 yo daughter.  My oldest son is working full time and going to college, my oldest daugther is in college full time and works part time.  I have had people ask me why my 2 oldest are still living with us but my thoughts are as long as they are in school, working and doing well and saving money then I am okay with it.  My oldest does pay rent to us monthly.  Everyone also here helps out with the upkeep of the house in general.  My oldest son is saving up so that he can move out at the end of this school year.  My 2 youngest are in 5th and 3rd grade this year.  My husband and I during the school year are literally like 2 ships passing in the night.  lol.  The kids are in sports and that pretty much takes up any free time that we may have during the week.  I have to say though that even as crazy as it gets in this house I would not change anything about it.  We do have family time together also but it is just not as much as we had years ago when the 2 youngest children were not involved in sports and such. 

Quoting Cafe Steph:

You're a good sister to worry and call him up like that. I'm sure he appreciated your guidance and hopefully that will help.

How old are your children?

Quoting Anonymous:

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I gave up on Straight Talk. They kept screwing around with us so we went to Verizon.

are they dropping out on you?

Quoting poshkat:

Having phone issues with straight talk. Other than that, nothing.

dandylynes
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM

No big plans for the weekend.  Just robots and theater and toting my 15 y/o daughter to both.

I'm kind of bummed out because I was told to stay away form sugar and gluten.  Mostly becasue my favorite thing to do is bake cookies and cupcakes. :(  And I have to taste them to make sure they're not poisoned, but I can't for a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)