Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

When you' re dd and her friend get in a argument do you get involved?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
Dd 10 has a friend she walks to school with and plays with at recess. They also play sports together. I am good friends with her mom. They have known each other for about 6 months. Well this is her second time telling my daughter not to talk to her. She does not want to walk with my dd or play with her during recess since her other friend does not like my dd. I don't like to get involved since kids will be kids and I definitely don't like to talk to the parents unless it's serious. I think this will blow over in a few days. But I don't like dd getting treated like this. Dd is such a sweet girl. What do you guy's do in situations like these?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:46 PM
No, stay out. Especially later on drama will really set in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Yes I agree I don't want to say anything since they are only 10. They will make up. Last year a mom came to me about my dd not wanting to play with her dd. And I was like ok well sorry about that I guess.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:59 PM
My girls are 19 and 22. Seen and heard it all. So glad things are drama free now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I agree I don't want to say anything since they are only 10. They will make up. Last year a mom came to me about my dd not wanting to play with her dd. And I was like ok well sorry about that I guess.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I would tell my daughter to just stop talking to her, if that's what the girl wants. No need to be friends with someone that has a nasty attitude. I wouldn't say anything to the other mom, just deal with things on my end. If she wants to question why the girls aren't hanging out together anymore, she can question it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Haha you are lucky this is the start for me. She is my oldest of 3. Many many many more years

Quoting Anonymous:

My girls are 19 and 22. Seen and heard it all. So glad things are drama free now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

ninipanini
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:16 AM

i bet by the end of next week things have blown over

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM

I let the kids be kids. My daughter is 10 too, and I don't get involved. I tell her she has to fight her own battles, and that things like this will continue to happen as she gets older. Girls just get meaner and meaner at this age through junior high. I tell her that this won't be the last time something like this happens, and that she needs to find a way to adapt and deal with it. She has to fight her own battles, develop her own self esteem, and figure her own way out of socially awkward situations.

dalbax2
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM
Let them work it out themselves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Quoting ninipanini:

i bet by the end of next week things have blown over

she called to tell me dd she is sorry this morning.
littlepinkrose
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Just let it go.  I find it best to let things be unless asked to help or if there are major safety concerns.  In this case it is just about your daughter being left out because someone does not like her.  It will blow over and either your daughter will get another friend or she will be back in the group and they will find someone else to exclude.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)