Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking of ending this crap.---need advice

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

Sooooo done.   I moved from Ohio to NY ---Long Island NY in 2010.  I am a divorced -ex spouse deceased woman of 2 children-boys.  I am a RN in the hospice field...no problems getting a job and nice paycheck in NY.  I still have a home in Ohio--I rent it out.  Problem...his 20 y.o. dtr.   She left "our" house in 2011---after physically attacking me as she verbally assaulted my then 10 y.o. son......she is basically a vagabond with daddy supporting her every move and whim.  She will not hold a job---I do believe she worked maybe 2 weeks out of 2012-2013.  She takes classes at the Borough of Manhatten community college......even though she was staying with her grandparents in Sag Harbor........just today got a room for 500 dollars!!  (See what taxpayers accomodate!)    She also got scholorships...mind u, she didn't finish high school...just GED.  Woohoo...wish I could get free money to buy new outfits all the time.  Besides the fact that she still comes to the home to "sleep over"...her boyfriend comes over too.  Personally, this is offensive to me.."Get a room by yourselves and pay for it by yourselves" is my motto.  I have my 12 y.o. here and 21 y.o. here--he knows the rules of "no sleepovers"--and obeys to it.  No respect for me...final straw---I gave( yes, smack me..I've been smacking myself over the head for 2 days now"  :(  )  her 3 pairs of UGG boots that I was going to donate --basically brand new.  No "thank you's....nothing."   Yes I am upset...more upset with myself for wasting my time with this jerk and his bi-polar dtr.  2004--I met him...girly lived with me for 3-4 months in 2009---no problems when she came to me and I drove her school everyday.  She actually passed--I'm thinking she was in trouble here in NY so daddy shipped her out to me in Ohio. Come that June though..she was on the phone with daddy beggin him to come and pick her up...I actually overheard her bragging to her friends that "he'll be here shortly as long as I keep calling him".   I don't know what to say...she'll come here and won't speak to me...just recently after I gave her the 3 pairs of boots.  What a bitch is all I can say.  :(  My love for this man is rock bottom....I still have a 21 y.o. son whom has his own issues.  He works full time..smart....but does not hae a car yet.  Girlilious---as I call her, has had a car bought from daddy when she turned 18...she does not pay the insurance, her phone, nor her traffic citations.  She officially lost her driver's license in 08-09/2013 until March I believe,  

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I guess I am confused.  are you dating someone?  you are still in contact with a daughter from a previous marriage that your spouse died?

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Confused because I thought your ex-spouse was deceased??  Simply tell her, you are an adult now and I am no longer required to take care of you and it is about time that you take responsibility and learn accountability for your actions and kick her butt to the curb!

heathers5500
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Give the girl the boot and don't allow her in your home....

BL2010
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I'm confused too... The ex is deceased? Who is this other daddy you're talking about. Tell her to get her act together and stop doing things for her and allowing her to use you.

JC2223
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM

This is to hard to understand. Is this a step-daughter of your ex spouse and he died?

2Sparrows4ever
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Too jumbled up for me, Best of Luck 

dalbax2
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Please make this clearer. It is too confusing to even understand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)