Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Cafe The Cafe

Are there any holidays that you couldn't care less about?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

Everyone keeps going on and on about Thanksgiving and what they're eating, where they're going, who's coming to dinner, etc., and I just couldn't care less about it.

Are there any major holidays like New Years, Valentines Day, Independence Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas that you just don't care about at all?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2Sparrows4ever
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM

New Years & Valentines Day....  thats pretty much it

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Christmas. I don't usually celebrate it. New years. Halloween. Alot of them.
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Halloween and Valentine's Day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lwalker270
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I'm the same way.  I couldn't care less about Thanksgiving or Valentine's Day. 

Now I LOVE Christmas, Halloween and the 4th is my youngest son's BD, so I have to love that day by default ;P

jobseeker
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Christmas, Easter & Thanksgiving are the only holidays that I prepare for and go out of my was for.  Christmas & Easter because they are part of my faith, Thanksgiving because it it a time to get together with family.  otherwise I am not invested in any other.

mcsmom1
by Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:21 AM

New Years Eve/Day and Valentine's Day. I've never cared about either one.

tardiskitty
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I really don't like Christmas, if it weren't for my dd and in laws, I would just get my dh a present and that would be it. All it ever is, buy buy buy buy!!!! I prefer Thanksgiving because its all about spending quality time with those you're close to.
cupcake_mom
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM
The only ones i care about are Thanksgiving Christmas and Halloween. Easter used to be big for us before my great grandma passed but now we don't do anything for it
cupcake_mom
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:15 PM
I'm glad that I'm my family gifts are not a big part of anything, not even birthdays. We just want to be together and hang out and eat good food

Quoting tardiskitty:

I really don't like Christmas, if it weren't for my dd and in laws, I would just get my dh a present and that would be it. All it ever is, buy buy buy buy!!!! I prefer Thanksgiving because its all about spending quality time with those you're close to.
CotterpinDoozer
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Easter and Valentines Day are the two I don't care about.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)